Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I saw this coming. Gonna drop like $50 now and call it a day lol. Don't think ill spend much more than that on this game.

Been doin just fine without premium before, so im sure i'll be good without it in the future. I'll just save up the 3day myshop passes for when i need em

They've had a lot of previous payment method updates on the official site that indicate they are trying to add additional authentication steps to their processing. It's likely that this change is somehow related.

I know that Visa, Mastercards, and JCB all seem to have an additional layer of authentication available when somebody uses one of those payment methods (for example, J-Secure with JCB requires the customer to enter an additional code). Perhaps this is not something they can set up with AMEX for whatever reason. Without more details, it's hard to know the exact reason behind the change.

^They dont want us to buy shit (or play this game) if we dont live in japan. Simple as that.

Japan has income laws too, ya know. I was told it was illegal for us to purchase shit from them without paying additional taxes or something other. Someone can clarify if they know more.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal255 View Post
    ^They dont want us to buy shit (or play this game) if we dont live in japan. Simple as that.

Japan has income laws too, ya know. I was told it was illegal for us to purchase shit from them without paying additional taxes or something other. Someone can clarify if they know more.
    I doubt this is true, at all. They could take much simpler steps to combat foreigners playing, like an IP ban.

This is most likely a fraud-prevention measure. F2P MMOs are big targets for fraud. Not every policy change SEGA makes is about foreign players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    I doubt this is true, at all. They could take much simpler steps to combat foreigners playing, like an IP ban.

This is most likely a fraud-prevention measure. F2P MMOs are big targets for fraud. Not every policy change SEGA makes is about foreign players.

Good point. But I do wonder what'll happen when PSO2 is released stateside.

Webmoney should still work.

Well, shit. I guess I'll have to buy some AC now while I still can, and then be forced to pay extra fees to use WebMoney when it runs out. This sucks.

*edit*
    OK, I should be good for 2 or 3 years now. Sucks having to spend a small chunk of change all of sudden but at least I won't have to worry about AC for a while. I will just use this for premium set. If I ever want to buy AC scratches in the future, I will put that money toward buying cheap laptops instead. Selling badge items is better than doing AC scatches imo.
    Last edited by Inazuma; Oct 22, 2012 at 02:58 PM.
    Quit PSO2

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

This just means I'm not once getting AC for this game. No biggie.

As long as webmoney still works I really don't mind...

I'll toss the idea of getting one of those cards out the window, then.