Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Brazilians will probably take a liking to a US server over JP as well. Probably. That should be fun.
    I can see it already, "BR?" in the middle of every block followed by long strings of Portuguese discussing how they can screw us over and taking over MPA's with bots and nothing but.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Brazilians will probably take a liking to a US server over JP as well. Probably. That should be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    I can see it already, "BR?" in the middle of every block followed by long strings of Portuguese discussing how they can screw us over and taking over MPA's with bots and nothing but.
    oh boy so funnay because they are so annyoing Xd br huahue

no.
    I've met many brazilians who are actually more 'civilized' than your averge chubby cod/cs kiddie

Quote Originally Posted by LeoSan View Post
    oh boy so funnay because they are so annyoing Xd br huahue

no.
    I've met many brazilians who are actually more 'civilized' than your averge chubby cod/cs kiddie
    Oh I'm talking about the types that join a party, set themselves to auto follow and go afk while you kill everything.

But yeah, I've met decent Brazilians, but the only thing barring them from getting any better is there connection.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

*scared of Brazilians, not because they speak in tongues, or that they're a third world country, it's just that they're the ones that bridged host (forcing the matchmaking servers to select you as host server for a match) 70% of the time in Gears of War 2, which had a peer to peer connection system that would select a host server out of ten players for the 9 other players to connect to*

i don't know how many of you ever played shooters, but to people that live north of Chicago, Brazilians are the bane of our existence+^_^+

also, I'll laugh if US/EU servers only cost $9.99 a month for premium+^_^+

NA PSO2 is officially F2P though?

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    Oh I'm talking about the types that join a party, set themselves to auto follow and go afk while you kill everything.
    The solution to this is to be the party leader and boot them if need-be. Or try and get monsters to kill them if in an MPA. Or change areas and come back.

When it comes down to the English version, the one thing I'm interested in knowing is how the cash shop will work. The Japanese version is terrible in this aspect and is run on the same level a lot of social games are. If the English version can fix this, I might just start over.

Unless the English version means IP blocks and the English verision becomes the "International" version. That would be horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The solution to this is to be the party leader and boot them if need-be. Or try and get monsters to kill them if in an MPA. Or change areas and come back.

When it comes down to the English version, the one thing I'm interested in knowing is how the cash shop will work. The Japanese version is terrible in this aspect and is run on the same level a lot of social games are. If the English version can fix this, I might just start over.

Unless the English version means IP blocks and the English verision becomes the "International" version. That would be horrible.
    indeed that would suck if there was an IP block.
    http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - "Good night, and good luck"

JOE - Ship 2 - Gu75 / Ra75
    *Warning Bad Spelling Often*

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    NA PSO2 is officially F2P though?
    It's announced on Sega's site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

I was talking about a different game, namely Flyff where having an afk healer is the norm when you specialize as an AoE class. When they would go afk for any amount longer than 10 minutes I would make them follow me into a large mob of enemies or a boss and watch their reaction about half an hour or so later.

If the korean games in the current market say anything, they'll probably adjust the rates to be somewhat pleasing to the western audience or sell the sets directly. If the game was headed by alaplaya, then it would always be a gacha based system. Otherwise, it's part of a set or all of a set at a set price. However, this is Sega's first game that is free to play and with that it can either deviate from what SoJ is doing or follow them. We'll see when it's released.

If there is an IP block, it would only delay western players before finding workarounds before someone lists how to get back on their servers.

Quote Originally Posted by May0 View Post
    A strong point to be sure. I've played and passed up many a grind fest here and there but I will argue 2 points for Sega

first- "Its Sega" or more precisely the name brand i.e. "Sega's Phantasy Star". My point being PSO2 will reach a lot of people because Sega fans will eat it up... and Sega fans are a rabid and scary fan base. Just search your name along with the word "sonic" in deviant art for a demonstration of this devotion.

Second- From what I've seen its a quality game. This denotes a number of things that give me more words than I care to muster so to be brief I'll just outline them. It has unique and engaging controls, It has a varied and colorful art style and the world(s) it portrays is deep and pulls you into what can best be described as the Phantasy Star atmosphere.

Go back to forest 1 in PSO for a variable comparison.
    You've got some solid points, that's for sure. Sega has a strong backing here in the west, a particularly strong one that played PSO. The DC has become a sort of cult classic in a way, where people seem to like it even more because it unfortunately flickered out. And that's fine by me, it was an excellent game.

But...the game gets pretty grindy. I didn't mind it particularly much, I knew that it would lead to better content I'd like more. And it did! I'm even still playing, and despite some absolutely ABYSMAL grinding luck (ZERO +10'd rares for the first 3+ months, then 3 in a few days this week!), mediocre rare luck, a dozen fairly expensive 50/50 affix attempts failed in a row, etc. Actually, a baker's dozen, but that's besides the point. I am having some good times on it.

So the initial interest is here, but they'll need to revamp the grinding and affixing system before they release it here. That just won't work. Some people will be met with repeated failure that spends ALL their cash AND leaves their weapon worse for it, and just not play anymore. They'll need to either remove grind loss (and raise loss rate to compensate?), or cap how many times you can fail each grind level (ten failures at +8 means next attempt at +8 will succeed, but 1-7, 9, & 10 are up in the air? Something like that?).

It's not that western players are less patient - which I do think they are - but because they play for fun. Losing two days' worth of work in five minutes because the RNG hates you is not ta all fun. If that system goes unchanged it WILL be the death of PSO2 here in the west, I think.

And why shouldn't it be better? So what if everyone +10's everything? Every month a weapon is outclassed. Last month's 2m rare is this month's 400k firesale, with the exception of the very very very best items such as the ardillou and gramasciento.

The more intuitive the interface the less likely people are to become frustrated and lose interest. This will be another key factor for the English release which will fall into the localization discussion. Luckily the UI is one of the easier things to change in a game as we've seen with the aforementioned English patch.
    What? The interface is excellent. Write a language known to the user in it and hey presto, there's your intuitive interface.
    No seriously, I love the UI.

As far as the IP block is concerned, don't kid yourselves, *everybody* knows how to work around it. It costs only 2$ a month if you gather a couple of like-minded users.

No, the real issue is the money. Whether the fake (meseta) or the real one, the system as it is in the game right now in Japan is not "appropriate" for players here (by here I mean non-korean). Gacha / scratch tickets should be burned, but they're an excellent source of income so that's not going to happen.
    We should probably compile our thoughts and suggestions into a report and send it to Sakai, shouldn't we? I can handle the part where we do this in japanese, but data collection would probably take me weeks...
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr