Unhappy Pouilly slime hunt

Just spent the last 6-7hrs hunting a pouilly slime and then all he drops is a priest/mind-
    Argh does anyone have any tips that could help me.
    Btw I'm a lvl 111 redria

There's a trick in a certain quest. I think it's Letter from Lionel, the one where you grab parts of a cast by going through forest 1, 2, dragon, caves 1, and lastly caves 2.

In caves 2 it seems they deleted a chunk of the map's entities - spawns and even doors - and blocked it off with rocks. Or, well, all of the spawns except the slimes.

Be warned, most would probably say this isn't legit, but it doesn't require any cheating or mods to anything at all. It can be done completely legit, but...it's certainly not intended. Or maybe it is, I personally find it doubtful they'd have removed everything but slimes by accident.

Anyway, you go up to the rocks that block off the rest of the map, and walk directly into them. Drop a pipe Go up, come back down while holding forward on the controller. Rinse/epeat. You walk forward a teensy bit every time you pipe back down, between loading the map and very very briefly afterwards loading the rocks. Using that you can get through the rocks and into the other area. There's lots and lots of slimes. Just split and pipe.

Some super legit players will hate you for this, so it's your decision whether to do it or not. Me? I don't give a fuck, I've been shafted by the RNG enough that I figure it owes me. The RNG actually disagreed though, I found two pouillies there that didn't cough up the goods. Rage. I eventually said fuck it and went with another enemy on another secid.

Oh right, if you're a cast make sure to refill your pipes. I like to buy a stack of 8 or 9 and leave them where I exit the telepipe, then get in the habit of pressing A before turning around to take the pipe, thus picking them up if I have just 1 left. Or leave just one somewhere in the area behind the rocks. This way I never have to cycle through the rocks again because I forgot to buy more pipes.

I don't think I could get another person up to ult just to get lavis cannon i just spent so long trying to get pouilly slimes i have only since this one slime even though I used to find the often on normal

Quest is Addicting Food, go to the room she shows you, it's in caves 2 ( I think ).

i was in the room with two slimes for 8 hours and only one red slime

That's why I mentioned the letter from lionel quest.

Also, it's worth noting that split slimes seemingly bug out after killing one. Basically, kill a slime and nothing from that slime spawn will drop anything again. So you might want to make sure you do NOT kill any slimes EXCEPT pouillies.

I also hear that the first slime in a spawn (original + 3 split) is the ONLY one to drop a rare. I cannot confirm or deny this, but it's something to be cautious of.

A good way to do this is to ONLY damage them when they're frozen, but since they can kill eachother it gets tricky.

Pretty much, after you kill a slime in a room, it becomes such a hectic mess that it's best to not risk the grief of going there and finding a pouilly but having it be from the spawn you've already killed part of. I just kept running through every other room after killing a slime, intentionally or otherwise.

i think it would be safest to just run through instead of splitting just in case they kill each other