Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Have also been getting

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (dump_wmimmc.sys)
    I believe this has only been happening since the latest Windows 10 Insider Build on the Fast Ring.

Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565

I have this same build on two Windows 10 machines and both suffer from the same issue.
    Can somebody else please confirm their Build 10XXX number if they're having the same issue on Windows 10.

Howdy!

I can confirm I'm having the same issue and am running Insider Preview Build 10565.

It's kind of weird, cause it'd BSOD at start screen, then would let me get past it to BSOD at Character select.

I've tried using the tweaker to fix Gameguard errors, deleted Gameguard folder, and finally ended up uninstalling and re-installing PSO2.

After reinstall, I got a different BSOD message (but didn't get to jot down the actual error in time. Something about write in a non-write area.) but was able to get completely logged in.

Now, I can completely log in, but still BSOD with the usual "dump_wmimmc.sys" error.

Quote Originally Posted by sakare View Post
    When i start the game, after GameGuard i get KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (dump_wmimmc.sys) at bluescreen any help, try alrdy some stuff on google, didnt help at all.
    It is on Windows 10.
    Error code 8E (2X), KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Usual causes: Insufficient disk space, Device driver, Video card, BIOS, Breakpoint in startup without having a debugger attached, Hardware incompatibility, Faulty system service, 3rd party remote control, Memory

Probably due to GG shutting down system services that are important to windows that is needed for it to operate, i doubt there is any fix for Win 10 Insider Preview since most people run a actual win 10 OS from upgrading or a full install.

Quote Originally Posted by Taaron View Post
    I can confirm I'm having the same issue and am running Insider Preview Build 10565.
    After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10576 the issue still persists and I cannot see any way around it.
    I've also tried deleting and starting from scratch with the GameGuard folder, this is quite confusing.
    Perhaps it's a matter of incompatibility? I was hit by GG when the first issues appeared on Windows 10 during the Technical Preview days and my only guess is that nProtect have yet to fully support the latest build and what might have changd since the previous working ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Taaron View Post
    Now, I can completely log in, but still BSOD with the usual "dump_wmimmc.sys" error.
    wmimmc.sys appears (according to other forum posts) to be some sort of driver file that gets renamed with the dump_ prefix in case of a memory dump issue. Perhaps that file is incompatible with the latest build?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
    Error code 8E (2X), KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Usual causes: Insufficient disk space, Device driver, Video card, BIOS, Breakpoint in startup without having a debugger attached, Hardware incompatibility, Faulty system service, 3rd party remote control, Memory
    I'd like to blame it on the low disk space but I've run with megabytes before haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
    Probably due to GG shutting down system services that are important to windows that is needed for it to operate, i doubt there is any fix for Win 10 Insider Preview since most people run a actual win 10 OS from upgrading or a full install.
    This is actually a rather likely situation. My Windows 10 is an upgrade from Windows 7 which went through the TP stages and all the way to RTM and into Fast Ring Preview builds. Granted most of the new additions for Windows 10 are considered beta for the Preview builds, I fail to understand what could have drastically changed for GameGuard to behave this way.

The following error message appears prior to launching the game.
    Most of us have seen this and usually ignore it as even though it would prompt us the game would still boot fine regardless, however this time that isn't the case:

Heya guys. Just wanted to check in and see if things were fixed for ya'll as well.

I updated my Windows this morning, and decided to update PSo2 and tempt the fates.

So far, so good. I've been idling in my room for the last 20 minutes.

About to update now, will let you know how it goes.
    Thanks for the info Taaron!

Just an update, all is now working.
    Anyone else concerned with updating to the latest build (10586) can rest assured it works fine.

can someone please help me? i have the same build number 10586.
    the spec is: windows 10; intel i-7 @2.6 GHz; NVIDIA GTX 950M; RAM 8 Gb
    i have downloaded the tweaker and have all the settings to the lowest, but, i still couldn't get past the BSOD
    i do have an antivirus (Avira), but i turned it off when i launch PSO2 game. it didn't even get me to the main screen and the BSOD appeared
    please, i desperately need help....

use original launcher to do a file check

i have deleted all the PSO2 files and redownload it through the tweaker (i downloaded the game from the web in my first attempt), and now its working!