View Poll Results: Playing English version?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, I'll try

125 45.62%
  • Naw, JP only

76 27.74%
  • Playing both versions

73 26.64%
Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 283536373839404148 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hope breaker View Post
    my friends drop the game for that non-residents of Japan or ToS and move to GW2 so im gonna follow the flow and jump ships. dont play that much pso2 lately.

but first i'm gonna scout more the Jp servers . if theres is a ban i dont care if dont naa theres no more cool guys on the jp servers anyways.

hackers on the global or usa servers . what are they gonna do trade give you money they cant. unles they pay for premium and like to lose real money When Caught Cheating.

SOA m... i only play psu so no comments.

yes my english sucks live with that.
    Bueno. I understand you 100%.

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

I tried to get into PSO2 JP, but the language barrier and my own difficulty managing the story and quests limited my play-time in the game long enough that I finally decided to just wait for the English version, even if it means not playing for a few more months.

Ship 2 - Gatz

So that proxy wording is terrible. Does that permit or prohibit proxies?

I plan to switch over to the the US servers once their online, even if I just started playing, I love the game, but the language barrier is kinda making it hard for me to have a decent experience.

Quote Originally Posted by May0 View Post
    thats what you said right here.

Perhaps you misread me but I'm not even asking you to give the US version a try. If you feel the JP version offers more content and a better service than by all means play that version. Whichever version of PSO2 you support that's fine by me. As a consumer its your responsibility to choose with your wallet and I fully encourage you to do that.

What I found asinine in your view was that you were "looking forward" to PSO2 inside the states suffering from various issues and preforming poorly. The rest of you post being "this is why I won't even try the US version" was an argument with someone else I think? There was no point I was making that it was relevant to.

My only contention was your sadistic wet dream for the statside version of PSO2 which at best can be described as juvenile.
    Okay well that whole "looking forward to" sentence was worded poorly, the intention of it wasn't meant to make it seem like I was going to enjoy that happening, but more like I know it will happen and anyone who thinks otherwise is seriously going to be let down and disappointed because this has happened every single time. So maybe it wasn't the best way to phrase that but it got the point across that this is what people get to enjoy putting up with.

Also those personal attacks, which you seem so intent on throwing at me for whatever reason, "at best can be described as juvenile."
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by ZER0 DX View Post
    You totally called me on what I said being childish. Instead of conceding that it was a childish notion I'm going to say I'm rubber and you're glue and whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

Also I'm still arguing a point you never made.
    I was never arguing whether or not the game was going to do poorly stateside, not in this thread at least. The issue I had was the way in which you were enthusiastic about the notion of PSO2 not doing well in the states. Perhaps you merely chose the wrong words by accident or you weren't sure of their meaning? That doesn't make the notion any less childish.
    Don't judge a manga by its anime

I don't see why you're taking so much offense to it. You keep thinking I'll be happy that the game will fail horribly here when that is simply not the intent. If I had said the same sentence without "I'm looking forward to" in front of it, would you still be antagonizing everything I say? Also the way you keep resorting to childish antics to get my attention is really making it hard for me to even take you seriously and makes you seem more like the child here.
    Last edited by ZER0 DX; Nov 24, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    So that proxy wording is terrible. Does that permit or prohibit proxies?
    I'm guessing it prohibits proxies as the whole paragraph is about how it is prohibited to connect from outside of Japan.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by ZER0 DX View Post
    I don't see why you're taking so much offense to it.
    I'm not

I just found it sad that you felt the way you did as indicated by your post. I don't see why you would want PSO2 to do poorly in any market. You claim you versed that post that way to drive home a point but I find that you could of easily said "Given the past record with SoA there's a very high chance of it preforming poorly and those who choose to play PSO2 (EN) are making a egregious error." and delivered what I hope you intended to say without sounding like you wanted to see PSO2 go down in flames as you did with the aforementioned post with the inflection of "I can't wait to see it do poorly so I can point and laugh at those who chose poorly"

Not your exact words but that's more or less how it came across in your post.
    Don't judge a manga by its anime

Shouldn't you be on ZER0's side, what with being a 'cynical professional' and all?