View Poll Results: Playing English version?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, I'll try

125 45.62%
  • Naw, JP only

76 27.74%
  • Playing both versions

73 26.64%
Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 162324252627282936 ... LastLast

A little off topic but GTA 5 is set to be released in Spring 13 too.. What do you think will come off first?
    Can't we all just get along?

I am. The game was free for me, anyway, so at this point, there is no risk or loss.

Especially since I can keep both accounts, I always have something to play.

As of right now, I haven't invested too much to my Japanese account character, and even if I played him a long while, it's not like I would've spent much money at all, on him.

The main reason I haven't been playing PSO2 too much is that I don't want to burn myself off of it before the english one arrives. If the Japanese version ends up having all the extra content, then I can always go back easily, and thanks to the English version, by then I'd have everything the NPCs say, for most of the experience, memorized. It would just be all clicking in menus.

Thing is, the move to free to play has actually increased my willingness to also play the English version instead of the opposite. It's all about monetary investment, or the lack thereof. Time in character investment, I don't give a hoots about. I've played enough online games, where all data in on the server, and the game ceases to be. So it always ends up being that you spend hundreds or thousands of hours on characters for which eventually you'll have nothing to show for it. It's all about the journey and accomplishments, not so much the data retention of your character, for me.

I would imagine this mentality will arrive for other game players with a similar amount of online experience. Game after game.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

I've I've said before that I WILL try out the English version only to see what changes there are and play it bit by bit.

Something tells me though whenever the Vita version for the jpn is out, I'm going to be 100% done with the English Version sadly.

That's assuming the Vita version won't have any problems connecting to the servers from overseas. The system can't process data like the PC can and it needs to rely on wi-fi to get the data.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

well after reading almost everysingle post i will main jp version and make a side account and see how SoA do with EN version it it is handled properly then i will main EN version. I played PSU on 360 for 4 years and i thought that game was great ubtil i started to catch on that there were no content updates which led me into doing some reserach about psu and i was lead to here. Sad part about it there were alot of people who played the demo of PSU more than the real game. and from reading and reading people's post they tell me that SoA does have a bad history.
    PSU-Good riddance
    PSO2-lvl 19 Katsumi Ship 8 Hunter
    PSO2- lvl 34 Katsumi Ship 2 force

The main reason I started the JP version is so i could have a head start on other players. To weather I stay depends on how many people play the english.
    Leader of Galactic Circus
    Smith-60Hu/60Fi/53Br/30Gu
    Astrid-50Fo/30Te
    Devil-chan-52Hu/52Fi/52Fo/52Te/52Ra/52Gu/17Br

Ill give it a fair go see how its F2P

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

D: Dammit I need my pso2 NAO and no Im not going to Jp >_< Its turned into a hellish nightmare and I dont plan on babysitting my pc like I did last time.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    D: Dammit I need my pso2 NAO and no Im not going to Jp >_< Its turned into a hellish nightmare and I dont plan on babysitting my pc like I did last time.
    I don't think I understand this...?

Yo, mad support...drink a quart then bamboo Itchee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    I am. The game was free for me, anyway, so at this point, there is no risk or loss.

Especially since I can keep both accounts, I always have something to play.

As of right now, I haven't invested too much to my Japanese account character, and even if I played him a long while, it's not like I would've spent much money at all, on him.

The main reason I haven't been playing PSO2 too much is that I don't want to burn myself off of it before the english one arrives. If the Japanese version ends up having all the extra content, then I can always go back easily, and thanks to the English version, by then I'd have everything the NPCs say, for most of the experience, memorized. It would just be all clicking in menus.

Thing is, the move to free to play has actually increased my willingness to also play the English version instead of the opposite. It's all about monetary investment, or the lack thereof. Time in character investment, I don't give a hoots about. I've played enough online games, where all data in on the server, and the game ceases to be. So it always ends up being that you spend hundreds or thousands of hours on characters for which eventually you'll have nothing to show for it. It's all about the journey and accomplishments, not so much the data retention of your character, for me.

I would imagine this mentality will arrive for other game players with a similar amount of online experience. Game after game.

I second the above.
    Itchee: PSP2 - RAcast