Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSO2 start up error

Hi, I've downloaded PSO2 along with the full English patch but once i tried to start up PSO2 it gave me an error message telling me that i was missing the file called d3dx9_43.dll so i go and download the file separately and moved it to my win32 bin and tried to start it up again and everything was looking fine with all the updates and checks until it tried starting up the game itself which it popped up a black screen (which i assume is where PSO2 shouldve started playing) and an error message in japanese. i honestly have no idea what i couldve done wrong can someone please help me

here is a picture of the error message i receive right when the game is about to start :/

Im getting the same thing, not sure whats causing it though. Ive re-installed at least 4 times so count that out. I even re-downloaded everything. Its time like these when i wish i could read the error message.

ive also re-downloaded everything multiple times and i even tried using an online japanese keyboard to translate but it all looked like chicken scratch so i gave up xP

Ya, so far you're the only other person that Ive seen with the issue too, soooo not sure how long it will take to figure this out.

i really hope someone can help, even if its just with translating the error message at least it would be a start.
    Last edited by o S E N S E I o; Oct 28, 2012 at 12:18 AM.

This error is saying something along the lines of "an abnormality has been detected in the game program."

Here's the exact Japanese text, if you want to search around for a solution on Japanese sites:

ゲームプログラムに異常を感知しました

I took a quick look around, but couldn't find any definitive solution. Likely a problem with the game files you're using / english patch.

^ this, hit the file check button in the launcher (3rd one down, 2nd small one) and let it patch then start the game, if you still get the error, you may need to reinstall, once the game launches and you can get to the title screen, *then* you close the game and install only the most recent English patch if you choose to+^_^+

^ ok thank you guys ill try this tomorrow morning (in about 7hrs) and let you know if it worked or not!