Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freyt View Post
    Yeah exactly like that.

Some considerations:
    If you're never going to use Dark Techs, those points are better spent elsewhere. Dark Techs are pretty powerful though.
    If anyone convinces you PP Convert is worth it, you could take that whole T-Atk 2 line out. It's not THAT beneficial. (Wind Mastery, PP Up, and T-Atk 2). You'd then have a couple of points to spare. I don't think you'll need it.
    Elemental Weak Hit is PROBABLY more beneficial than T-Atk 2 as well. Objectively I say go for that. Subjectively I say keep it how it is. If you did, you'd then even have another 8 points to spend from PP Up and Wind Mastery. You could put that into anything. (like Shifta Advance)
    I do use Dark techs in F. Continent, and in my opinion, being able to equip weapons sooner makes the T-ATK lines worth it.

If you're going FO/TE, you can equip everything anyway providing your mag has a decent amount of T-Atk.

Stat ups aren't worth it unless there's nothing else you can put points into that would be worth it to you.

1. Wand Gear isn't good.
    Wand gear is amazing. dont listen to him. people still dont seem to understand that techer is not meant to be a technique spamming class.

GET WAND GEAR. Especially if this is your only talent tree. It only costs one point, out of the 60 you will have at lvl 50.

I'd post my tree but I play a really weird Fighter/techer class where i focus on melee, t-atk, PP and dark spells, but either way, leveling techer, wand gear was amazing. Whether or not you plan on maining techer, its definately worth getting.
    Last edited by Eternal255; Oct 29, 2012 at 12:21 PM.

Gears are one of those things that you always get because an entire ability and playstyle being opened up to you is far superior to 1% damage, even if you don't think you'll use it at first. I didn't think I'd like sword gear, and I loved it so much I dropped the cash to buy a skill tree specifically to specialize in sword gear.

Get all gears, always. Maybe not all of them on every tree, but always have every gear available to you through some tree or another.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal255 View Post
    people still dont seem to understand that techer is not meant to be a technique spamming class.
    No, it's not. Force is. And subbing force on techer gives you all of its strengths.

Subbing force makes techer so much stronger, to the point where none of the skill boosts are even worth it. The weakness of force, though, is lack of PP. The solution is obvious.
    Cap PP restorate, and PP convert. Convert is basically a mag blast whenever you want. It's active for a huge amount of time, allowing you incredible burst very often.

There is so much you can do with Techer, and it is silly to say that Wand Gear is pointless. If all you want to do is Tech, then you will probably want to Main Force, and sub Techer for the alternate element specialization, buff boosts, and PP regen abilities. So yeah, in that case, forget Wand Gear.

However, say you want to do what the class is actually designed for, which is being a hybrid between melee and teching, then definitely get the Wand Gear. Your best option in this case is probably to Main Techer, and sub something besides Force. Hunter or fighter would be the best options here. If you sub in Hunter, and get Guard Stance, you now have a super survivable Techer, that has only a quarter of its' melee ability crippled (consider that the penalty is halving only the melee damage of the wand, and not the tech splash from the gear), has full powered techs, and can buff and heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Convert is basically a mag blast whenever you want. It's active for a huge amount of time, allowing you incredible burst very often.
    No, it isn't. It has the same durations as Photon Flare; 30s uptime and 120s cooldown.

In my opinion, it's simply not worth the SP for something so temporary. Just max Restore.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Yes, and that's longer uptime and a shorter cooldown than a mag blast. With that duration and cooldown, a quarter of your time can be spent with infinite PP. If you have something to hit the whole blast, this will also allow you to fill up your mag's gauge, allowing you to spend some of the time not converted under a mag blast.

Mind, this is in conjunction with Restore. The two work off each other. From what I've heard, only lv3 convert is needed to keep your PP at a good level during a convert. But I'll have to test that. Restore probably is a better option, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonth View Post
    There is so much you can do with Techer, and it is silly to say that Wand Gear is pointless. If all you want to do is Tech, then you will probably want to Main Force, and sub Techer for the alternate element specialization, buff boosts, and PP regen abilities. So yeah, in that case, forget Wand Gear.

However, say you want to do what the class is actually designed for, which is being a hybrid between melee and teching, then definitely get the Wand Gear. Your best option in this case is probably to Main Techer, and sub something besides Force. Hunter or fighter would be the best options here. If you sub in Hunter, and get Guard Stance, you now have a super survivable Techer, that has only a quarter of its' melee ability crippled (consider that the penalty is halving only the melee damage of the wand, and not the tech splash from the gear), has full powered techs, and can buff and heal.
    And then you have to spam techs to charge Wand Gear.

Kinda kills the point of that.

And where are my Wand PA's?

And then you have to spam techs to charge Wand Gear.

Kinda kills the point of that.

And where are my Wand PA's?
    I thought that was the whole point of techer spam skills then hit stuff with your wand to refill your pp .

anyway I was just wondering what everyone thought about this tree I plan on using auto attacks a lot and then saving photonflare/convert for when I need to unload huge amounts of dmg.

Also how many points into convert would i need to not run out of pp while its up
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...ldI2J24QHN0006