Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Fighter/Techer advice

I have not as much time as I used to ...and so I'd like to ask some specifc questions and some generci advice this to the guys who might have already explored this combo.

1) is this a viable option at all?
    2) is this any good for a NEWEARL or should I consider a CASEAL?
    3) is this comparable to the effectiveness of a NEWEARL Force/techer?
    4) any advices or builds or mag suggestions?

Well, the boost to technic damage that a newearl makes is more suited to Force/Techer. A Caseal would be better for Fighter, being that casts have higher striking damage output and higher striking defense. It really matters little what race and class you want unless you are driven to have those very few extra points of damage or defense.

I see the Fighter/Techer as -potentially- a very unique and fun combination. Here is what I'd do:
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...IkldI2HSpF0008

If I were playing to make this my build, In the fighter tree, I would max out Chase Advance for that 40% boost to damage if the enemy is inflicted with a status effect. Then, in the Techer tree, I would invest some points into boosting poison status infliction, but max out poison ignition. Also Max out Shifta Advance, and Element Weak Hit(or PP Restorate if you'd rather... but you'd potentially do more damage with Element Weak Hit, I believe)

This way, if you can poison something with a megid technic or your weapon, you'll be able to not only have the enormous damage dealt with poison ignition, but if poison splashes to other enemies nearby when you ignite, then THEY'LL be affected by that 40% damage boost from Chase advance(of course, hitting it with your melee weapon. Your Poison Ignition should be recovering anyway).
    And although I'm not %100 sure how Brave and Wise stance are affected by using Technics or Poison Ignition, I believe the damage will stack.

Also, if you're going for more DPS, and you want to redistribute your skill points make sure you don't take the point away from the Double Saber Gear.

If you want advice on mags, I would invest 67 points into Striking Defense(so that at Lv 60 in both classes you'll be able to equip the highest Striking Defense armor available now), 80 points into Striking Attack(So that at Lv 60 in both class you'll be able to equip the highest Striking Attack double sabers available now), and 3 levels into whatever you want.

If you were to go for a Caseal(or better yet, a male Cast), you'd have a little more freedom to distribute more points on your MAG). As I mentioned before, though, it makes little difference anyway. So long as you get the weapons and armor you want, that matters more.

I hope that helps. ^_^
    Last edited by Pirrip; Oct 30, 2012 at 03:27 PM.

The difference between races after mags, weapons, and skilltrees is negligible, aside from a relatively small amount of points in each stat that may help you meet an item's stat requirement. Go with what you think looks the best.

FI/TE is a good combination. It gives your party two things it needs:
    1) a guy in the front that can handle aggro
    2) a healer / buffer

I would consider running a Caseal for it. You're not using Techer for the techniques, it's just there for Resta, Shifta, PP Restorate and (arguable) Poison Ignition. Play it like you would a typical Fighter.

If you're running Time Attack missions, the best composition on paper is three GU/RAs and a FI/TE.

Thank you for the replies and the ideas guys. keep them coming.

Pirrip, I l love the use of poison ignition that you suggest.

I really should have known about that Poison Ignition build. Now I'm sort of locked in to getting Halfline Slayer instead of Chase Advance, and I'd rather spend money on getting a defensive HU tree than another FI tree. Would it be better to tailor my TE tree for support or for Poison Ignition if I'm using a tree like this? Also, I'm a Newm instead of a Caseal.
    Last edited by Mega Ultra Chicken; Nov 25, 2012 at 05:16 PM.

I think people forget about Crowd control techs and status effects. Like FenixStryk said you aren't doing it for damage, but RaZan, and Zondeel are good, not for their damage but for their ability to move enemies around. If you use Razan and then raging waltz you can easily knock tough enemies in to the air to get juggled to death by you and your team. Likewise you can use Zondeel to suck a large group of enemies into one spot to hit them all with a strong PA like deadly archer, or illusion rave.

Sazan and Nazan can be used to move enemies around too but Sazan's suction power get's overshadowed by Zoindeel, and Nazan is more useful to primarily ranged classes who want to keep things away from them or something they're defending.

Status effects on techs can be useful, though if you have a weapon with the effect you want it's not as much of a priority.

It's a very powerful hybrid combination since Stances will boost all sources of damage. Not to mention that FI has a strong T-Atk stat.
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

I must saty if I were to keep stacking sutatus effects I'd roll with Newwearl. The Build posted here is similar to what I'd rock.

so been working on unlocking techer for something similar to this, how good is shifta advance really? I don't see people tossing buffs around much
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl