Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Well for me, there's only 2 things I care about when it comes to graphics.

1. Is it functional and allows for fantastic gameplay?
    2. Is it artistically nice?

In that order.

I tend to like games that don't try to push too much in forced graphical whistles. They, at least, allow a greater majority of people to play the game at a reasonable performance. I'm a performance before beauty kind of person.

Especially since we live in a time where just about anything can play games with nicely presented artistic graphics, just that they suffer when they try to layer all kinds of extra engines on them that technically don't affect gameplay.

Then again, I'm a person who still plays Roguelikes even though the machines they are played on are over a thousand times more powerful than what's needed to run them.

Graphically generic with a massive ammount of post processing used to cover up flaws.

Like most games.

Which is fine, don't get me wrong. At least PSO2 lets me disable the more nauseating effects like blur. Blur is dumb.

Today I got my new computer... lets see how good PSO2 will look with a good graphics card...
    Now we all wait for the Rappy Deity of Vengeance that granted its followers eternal life to punish all humans...

Quote Originally Posted by HFlowen View Post
    Graphically generic with a massive ammount of post processing used to cover up flaws.

Like most games.

Which is fine, don't get me wrong. At least PSO2 lets me disable the more nauseating effects like blur. Blur is dumb.
    I COMPLETELY DISAGREE.

More games need to use motion blur. Correct motion blur, like the kind our eyes see during fast motion, so that they don't look so craptastic running at 30ish FPS.

Hell, it's the only reason I can run this game with the 30 FPS limit without gouging my eyes out.

MOTION BLUR. IT IS THE FUTURE. AND THE FUTURE... IS NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    like the kind our eyes see during fast motion
    But we don't, as far as I remember. The brain will automagically replace the split seconds of fast motions from our eyes with the last clear image perceived.

Otherwise we'd be wasting brain space with a ton of useless imagery.

I agree with HFlowen that blur is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by HFlowen View Post
    But we don't, as far as I remember. The brain will automagically replace the split seconds of fast motions from our eyes with the last clear image perceived.

Otherwise we'd be wasting brain space with a ton of useless imagery.
    Um.

Do me a favor, and wave your hand in front of your face really fast while your eyes focus on the monitor.

That's motion blur.

(I shouldn't even need to point this out, really...)

Note that I am speaking in general and not to any specific person.

I agree with Zyrusticae, the motion blur in this game is pretty well done. If you don't like the motion blur in this game, then I'm going to go ahead and assume that your computer is incapable of running the game at a steady 30 or 60 FPS without stuttering.

^ i just turn it off for pic taking+^_^+ it's not bad, could be better, but blur is hard to pull off with strobing lights+^_^+

Quote Originally Posted by Porkmaster View Post
    Note that I am speaking in general and not to any specific person.

I agree with Zyrusticae, the motion blur in this game is pretty well done. If you don't like the motion blur in this game, then I'm going to go ahead and assume that your computer is incapable of running the game at a steady 30 or 60 FPS without stuttering.
    Wait, that makes no sense. Motion blur is only useful for weak machines, to mask the choppiness. If you get 60fps or more it is useless imo, but visual perception is always subjective. So if your machine can only do up to 30fps you should be turning it on, not the other way around. Motion blur is less demanding on machines than you think.
    PSO2 characters:
    Ship 10: Huq (HU:70, RA:70, FO:70, FI:70, GU:70, TE:70, BR:70)
    Ship 02: Rizzla (HU:65, RA:40, FO:18, FI:65, GU:10, TE:00, BR:65)