Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Um.

Do me a favor, and wave your hand in front of your face really fast while your eyes focus on the monitor.

That's motion blur.

(I shouldn't even need to point this out, really...)
    More of an optical illusion from the refresh rate when dealing with a moniter. Eyes don't see in "blur" like movies and photography might make you think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccadic_masking

If that's too wordy, look up the "stopped clock illusion"

If something moved fast enough for you to not focus on it before exiting your field of view, then it would "blur" regardless of silly post processing or not. Kinda like what I alluded too in my first post: effects like blur are only there to cover up crap framerates or poor textures. Sometimes it's "better" for you to see less of the game.

Which is fine. A graphical experience is about creating a good illusion.

I can max out the game at 60+ FPS just fine, so I don't need nauseating blur effects that make it seem like I'm playing the game with a vaseline filter during action, so I turn them off.

I'm in animation, and I agree with HFlowen^.

Motion Blur makes things look that much more natural... I should post two examples of work I've done, one with motion blur and the other without.

The one without motion blur doesn't look as good, since cameras and our eyes blur things naturally, when you are working with a framerate of 24 or 30 frames per second things look choppy unless blurred.

Some people dislike LCD/LED TVs that are 120 Hz or over because the picture is just TOO crisp, there needs to be a little bit of blur... otherwise most people feel disconnected.
    Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too?

Quote Originally Posted by PepperCat View Post
    I'm in animation, and I agree with HFlowen^.

Motion Blur makes things look that much more natural... I should post two examples of work I've done, one with motion blur and the other without.

The one without motion blur doesn't look as good, since cameras and our eyes blur things naturally, when you are working with a framerate of 24 or 30 frames per second things look choppy unless blurred.

Some people dislike LCD/LED TVs that are 120 Hz or over because the picture is just TOO crisp, there needs to be a little bit of blur... otherwise most people feel disconnected.
    i actually get headaches if i play at 60 fps or higher.7

feels like too munch info to process.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    i actually get headaches if i play at 60 fps or higher.7

feels like too munch info to process.
    I remember getting headaches when my family first bought a 1080p TV. Everything was too crisp.

I for one HATE motion blur and immediatly turn it off, makes my games feel 30fps-ish and nausiates me, I'm on a intel X58 chipset I7-920, 6 gigs ramm, and two GTX 260's in SLI (this is my older computer, not the one in my sig) SO i'm pretty sure i'll be able to handle PSO2 cranked to max even on this older machine. But i think the graphics look pretty nice, from the vids i've seen, fits the pso style anyway. I guess I will see when i finally get to play the game..... HURRY UP SEGA!

I do have a question though, does PSO2 have Support for SLI mode and a Vsync option built in or will i have to force on?
    MY Rig: 2600K Sandy Brige, Gigabyte Ud7 Motherboard, 2 Geforce GTX580 in SLI Mode, 8 gigs Ramm

Quote Originally Posted by HFlowen View Post
    I remember getting headaches when my family first bought a 1080p TV. Everything was too crisp.
    lol whats with all the people hating on high end Technology??? I hadn't ever heard of this before reading it on this forum,guess its because I myself have never had any problems... to each his own i suppose. Do whatever works for you but i'll take my crispness thanks!
    MY Rig: 2600K Sandy Brige, Gigabyte Ud7 Motherboard, 2 Geforce GTX580 in SLI Mode, 8 gigs Ramm

Quote Originally Posted by Sammickk View Post
    lol whats with all the people hating on high end Technology??? I hadn't ever heard of this before reading it on this forum,guess its because I myself have never had any problems... to each his own i suppose. Do whatever works for you but i'll take my crispness thanks!
    It's not about hating, it's about a jarring change from little standard TVs to a big 1080p flat screen. Gave me headaches for a while at first. I'm perfectly fine now.

so true, going to 1080P from 480i would be a big shock lol

^ that's what i did 2 years ago+^_^+ no headaches, but i was more addicted then ever+^_^+