Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Will this build run PSO2 nicely?

- INTEL QUAD CORE i5 2500K
    - ASUS Motherboard
    - 4GB DDR-3 PC3-10600
    - 500GB SATA3 7200RPM HDD
    - DUAL LAYER DVD-RW
    - nVIDIA 1080p HDMI VIDEO
    - 8-CHANNEL DIGITAL SOUND
    - 10/100/1000 ETHERNET
    - ALIEN Case
    - CUSTOMIZE TO YOUR NEEDS
    FIGHT ON!

spAwn

Profile pic courtesy of Scarlet_Starlet, check it out!

Alienware, seriously? Well, yes, that'll run PSO2 on max settings, no problem.

Hold on just a minute there... Alien case does not mean Alienware PC.

I'm guessing this is not Alienware (it would probably have more than 4GB ram and the mid level processor if it was).

It's going to be important to find out what graphics card this system has in it. Nvidia 1080p HDMI could be a number of different things. That's probably going to be the determining factor on whether or not this can run PSO2 well.

Edit: If this is the PC you're looking at, then it has onboard graphics by default, which will not run PSO2 well at all. You would need to upgrade to an actual graphics card.
    Last edited by Tomeeboy; Oct 20, 2012 at 07:50 PM.

^ if that's the site your getting it from, you can get a 610 2GB for $54 more withit+^_^+ that would run 2 PSO2s+^_^+

still it's pretty bare bones for $500+ (another $35 for usb 3.0 when Mobo already must have pins for it)+^_^+
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; Oct 20, 2012 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    ^ if that's the site your getting it from, you can get a 610 2GB for $54 more withit+^_^+ that would run 2 PSO2s+^_^+

still it's pretty bare bones for $500+ (another $35 for usb 3.0 when Mobo already must have pins for it)+^_^+
    The Geforce GT610 is an entry level card and is not meant for gaming, most likely it can only run PSO2 at minimum settings.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    The Geforce GT610 is an entry level card and is not meant for gaming, most likely it can only run PSO2 at minimum settings.
    really?? i thought it would be better then my own integrated GT 540m, which gets 50FPS at max settings, and about 20-30FPS in a PSE burst+^_^+

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    really?? i thought it would be better then my own integrated GT 540m, which gets 50FPS at max settings, and about 20-30FPS in a PSE burst+^_^+
    *checks GT540M specifications*

GT610 is worse than yours, the GT540M has twice the number of shader processors and texture units than the GT610, it has twice the memory bandwidth too, the GT540M is comparable to the retail version of the GT630 (except that the GT540M has lower clocks).
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    *checks GT540M specifications*

GT610 is worse than yours, the GT540M has twice the number of shader processors and texture units than the GT610, it has twice the memory bandwidth too, the GT540M is comparable to the retail version of the GT630 (except that the GT540M has lower clocks).
    ah, ok, and yeah, the 750 MHz core clock does kinda suck+^_^+

Quote Originally Posted by Tomeeboy View Post
    Hold on just a minute there... Alien case does not mean Alienware PC.

I'm guessing this is not Alienware (it would probably have more than 4GB ram and the mid level processor if it was).

It's going to be important to find out what graphics card this system has in it. Nvidia 1080p HDMI could be a number of different things. That's probably going to be the determining factor on whether or not this can run PSO2 well.

Edit: If this is the PC you're looking at, then it has onboard graphics by default, which will not run PSO2 well at all. You would need to upgrade to an actual graphics card.
    You're right. I saw "Alien" and jumped to conclusions. I should have read more closely.

you guys are awesome...i really appreciate the feed back.

This PC build is one a friend of mine is thinking about, I am already runnning PSo2.

I will skype him the link to this thread. Again you guys rock thanks for imput!

FIGHT ON!
    FIGHT ON!

spAwn

Profile pic courtesy of Scarlet_Starlet, check it out!