Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I actually made a tribute video for the old version of this game finally coming to an end recently, played since beta up till yesterday and I can tell you that game was rough, I'm actually pretty skeptical regardless of the awesome video they released yesterday. Anyway, here's the video I made for anyone interested

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    I'm entirely too butthurt over how the initial launch was handled to consider giving them a second chance, quite honestly.
    If it helps, they've been doing a very good job of turning the game around since the initial launch, with frequent and very large patches full of fixes. And of course, 2.0 itself is a total reboot. If you still have your account, you can try 2.0 for free when it re-launches, so I see no reason not to at least give it a shot.

I still want to play this game.. im only turning 17 in a few days, the sub model for mmos just doesnt work with me, for somewhat obvious reasons.

Doods seem to be pleased with Yoshi-P's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    What are they changing again?
    Basically, they're nuking the game world and starting off with a completely new slew of content.

The class/job system will stay the same, and character data and items will carry over into the new game, but other than that, it's being more or less rebuilt from scratch.

The idea, of course, is that this time it won't be a steaming pile with no real content or activities in place.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    If it helps, they've been doing a very good job of turning the game around since the initial launch, with frequent and very large patches full of fixes. And of course, 2.0 itself is a total reboot. If you still have your account, you can try 2.0 for free when it re-launches, so I see no reason not to at least give it a shot.
    Perfect. I still want that song though.
    Coming Soon!

watched trailer all excited+^_^+, then noticed it was XIV not XV quite sad now.....
    also how much money and manpower going into "rebuilding" entire game?? i didn't think it was that popular, no one i know plays it+^_^+ except maybe you PSO-W peeps+^_^+
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; Nov 12, 2012 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    The idea, of course, is that this time it won't be a steaming pile with no real content or activities in place.
    After a year or so the game had plenty of content and plenty to do, the year after far more including the jobs, strongholds, primals, raids etc and was far from a steaming pile, the problem was the damage was beyond saving after the first 2 months in terms of getting players back after such a huge disappointment of a release so they slowly revamped almost everything. The problems they are fixing for 2.0 would be the very bland environments with no real noticeable landmarks besides the one in Mor'Dhona, then there's the questing and how spread out they are all over the place, which they will now be putting on railroad tracks like WoW.

Then, there was the need to have a ridiculous powerful pc to run the game at any tolerable frame rate even on low since the textures don't actually scale down when changing the settings besides the characters, which they are fixing with a new engine making it far more accessible. And then they are turning all the outside dungeons that were in the game into instances. They also talked about revamping the battle system yet again on the live stream a few days ago. And lastly they changed the UI to be more PC friendly for all the butt hurts about the game being way more favored with a controller. To sum that up, they are just trying to recover that huge failure launch and mainstream the game, for PC and PS3 and save face for that review score on metacritic.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    Perfect. I still want that song though.
    Here you go:

my body is ready... getting the ps3 version though my pc will catch on fire if i even attempt to run it.