Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by firefiore View Post
    I took a good look at the PSO2 Western website, and it looks as though it is just first release PSO2 content (what came out at first on Japan-side). I'll say this though, I'm going to invent a drinking game from the user shop economy. You take a shot of vodka every time the price for monomates increases by ten thousand meseta.
    lolz, if it is going to be same content as day 1 Japan, then i might play a bit, if only because i know how the economy will flow+^_^+ (proceeds to spend all money earned on AC stuff, then when exchange shop gets updated, waits 3 months and sellz for millions)+^_^+ but, i think I'll stick JP side, even though AC is almost unattainable now+^_^+

See future US players, this is the kind of ambition you will NEED when you begin playing PSO2 US. If nothing else passes into what you call a brain, then understand the previous poster's advice and use as the economy inflates.
    PSO2 - Ship 2 - Aean Meers - Human

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Game that isn't about Sonic...marketing...SEGA of America...

Even though they took control over the official PSO2 Facebook page, throughout that page's lifetime, SEGA of Japan actually made more posts in english in that page than SEGA of America...
    Pretty much this. Last update we got about PSO2 US was during PAX and ever since that, we haven't gotten any new news about PSO2 here. Goes to really show that SoA doesn't give a shit about this series.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Have faith, PSO2 is doing way too well for SoA to ignore it. Im mad about no news as well but will continue biding my time until it eventually gets here!

Well sad that there hasn't been any info I mean crap it's already November you think there would be a beta by now or at least some information about release in Jan or Feb.

English official release will probably have Japan CBT content, with monthly updates as opposed to Japan's bi-weekly updates. Calling it now.

wich they will try to explain the delay by saying tht the translations take time.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

In a sense, yes.
    I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for the initial release because maybe JUST MAYBE they're getting (decent?) voice acting done, and there's a LOT of voice clips to record for this game.

After that, though, all scrutiny is enabled at the update delays. Fans translate the entire menu system in a mere week (and any quest updates within days). There's no excuse that a 'professional' company should take longer than a group of about 10 fans.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the fans are also going through the trouble of cracking the file encryption every update to get this done, something SoA will not have to bother with.
    Last edited by Macman; Nov 18, 2012 at 08:29 AM.

I think the long delays, if anything, is due to the current "release" being bullshit. The english version comes out in spring when the vita does, where they reach a nice conclusion with the first major story. If anything, they're prolly wiating for the first set of story missions to get finished so they can have the voice actors give the lines for the entire game at once rather then stretched over a long period as each update comes out.

additionally, waiting until sega actually finishes the game makes sense if SOA wants to tweak it, especialy since SOJ hasnt gotten thier shit together and trying to tweak the game like better xp rates when the level 40-50 fiasco is going on would be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlade View Post
    I think the long delays, if anything, is due to the current "release" being bullshit. The english version comes out in spring when the vita does, where they reach a nice conclusion with the first major story. If anything, they're prolly wiating for the first set of story missions to get finished so they can have the voice actors give the lines for the entire game at once rather then stretched over a long period as each update comes out.

additionally, waiting until sega actually finishes the game makes sense if SOA wants to tweak it, especialy since SOJ hasnt gotten thier shit together and trying to tweak the game like better xp rates when the level 40-50 fiasco is going on would be a nightmare.
    PSO2 will be finished if there is no more update. International version needs to have fixed issue found on Japanese release. Updates need to be in sync, translation for several languages needed to be applied, servers need to be propagated. Better security needs to be implemented against brute force cheating instead of using Gameguard (there are alternative like Crisp for example).
    Japanese PSO2 Character
    Aliyah Tulumba Hunter