Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tales of Graces f is the international release only for PS3, the original Graces was only released on the Wii in Japan. Graces f includes an epilogue scenario that takes place after the main game and can only be accessed as such.

The 'f' in the title signifies 'future' so that's the reason for the epilogue. Or trying to get more cash out of their fans, I mean a quick look at the PS Store and you can see they're selling content that can be obtained from playing through/clearing the game.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Unless you have the actual discs I heard symphonia is still kinda pricey... >_>;;
    I recently sold my used copy for $25 at a flea market, after buying it for $8 roughly 6 years ago. So I can confirm this statement... and in hindsight, I feel that I could have made more bank.

I too vouch for Symphonia as the next played title. Although that might be bias on my part because of Raine Sage.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    Tales of Graces f is the international release only for PS3, the original Graces was only released on the Wii in Japan. Graces f includes an epilogue scenario that takes place after the main game and can only be accessed as such.

The 'f' in the title signifies 'future' so that's the reason for the epilogue. Or trying to get more cash out of their fans, I mean a quick look at the PS Store and you can see they're selling content that can be obtained from playing through/clearing the game.
    So tales of graces f has everything the orignal tales of graces has plus the epilogue?
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    I recently sold my used copy for $25 at a flea market, after buying it for $8 roughly 6 years ago. So I can confirm this statement... and in hindsight, I feel that I could have made more bank.

I too vouch for Symphonia as the next played title. Although that might be bias on my part because of Raine Sage.
    Im going to try Symphonia at what point, for sure. I just feel I really need a new ps3/3ds game so why not it be Tales.

Pretty much.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Symphonia still has one of the best plots I've ever seen in a video game.

If you have a 360, Vesperia is a must-play, or if you can import the International port for the PS3, do that. I have no idea what Rock means by game breaking boss, unless he means the bullshit the final boss pulls on Unknown difficulty, which is less game breaking and more "are you fucking kidding me?"

Graces F is good, as is Abyss. I haven't played the Symphonia sequel on the Wii, but if you're going to play Symphonia, do it before the newer ones because it feels pretty archaic compared to the new combat systems.

I also really enjoyed Legendia, but I'm probably in the minority on that one.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

I think he's referring to Gatuso, which is a hard boss relatively early game. I was able to beat him after a few tries though, he's not impossible. It's really just a randomly difficult boss fight that you might need to grind a little bit before fighting and maybe tweak your AI's strategy a little bit (but that will only help a little bit)

The Wii symphonia sequel is....okay...not really memorable or outstanding in any way. The game has a lot of problems but is still relatively fun to play. I agree with McLaughlin that playing Symphonia before the others is a good idea because it will be hard to go back to Symphonia after have playing a more advanced game like Abyss.

I mostly play the games for the battle system and not the storylines, but most of them are OK despite having some plotholes. Except for Vesperia, where the plot can be summarized in the following sentence: "Where to next, Estelle?"
    I should probably put an actual signature picture here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkan View Post
    I think he's referring to Gatuso, which is a hard boss relatively early game. I was able to beat him after a few tries though, he's not impossible. It's really just a randomly difficult boss fight that you might need to grind a little bit before fighting and maybe tweak your AI's strategy a little bit (but that will only help a little bit)

The Wii symphonia sequel is....okay...not really memorable or outstanding in any way. The game has a lot of problems but is still relatively fun to play. I agree with McLaughlin that playing Symphonia before the others is a good idea because it will be hard to go back to Symphonia after have playing a more advanced game like Abyss.

I mostly play the games for the battle system and not the storylines, but most of them are OK despite having some plotholes. Except for Vesperia, where the plot can be summarized in the following sentence: "Where to next, Estelle?"
    You forgot her amazing abilty in battle to shout out "Oh let me heal you!" 1minute later hmm i never did get that heal....
    ★☆F i g h t e r f o r l i f e☆★
    GT:VictoriX VII

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudstrife xx View Post
    You forgot her amazing abilty in battle to shout out "Oh let me heal you!" 1minute later hmm i never did get that heal....
    Why leave her up to the AI when you can permanently stick her invincibility buff and then just solo everything?
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

I suggest Tales of Phantasia first. Symphonia was good and I loved the cast of character alot more than Abyss. However, I don't know how the game ends due to never finishing it. The only thing I liked about Abyss was the combat which is an improvement over Smyphonia battle mechanics. The story to Abyss was meh and I didn't have any attachment to most of the playable characters in the story.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.