Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    I regret selling grinders last week now
    Excubes yo

Although I gotta say this feature is some bullshit. It should definitely be another resource other than Grinders & +10.
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Am I too late to say "Nb4 the crazy leetists come in to justify this bullshit"?

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by untrustful View Post
    Chances are the max level will be at 5 like power and technique abilities.
    +50 grind? No thanks. Seriously, grinding a weapon to +10 five times is almost unreasonable.

If it's some small incremental (non-percentage) stat bonus, that'd be fine because I wouldn't bother.

If leveled weapon abilities turns out to be identical to good level 10 skills on the Skill Trees.. well..

Meanwhile, Synthesizers are utterly useless still. Let me convert the damn things to Grinders and all is good with the world.

... Just a question... does this apply ONLY to the weapons? what about Units?

<|Friendly Warrior||Theme made by Zorafim|>
    <|Wired-Lance Super Hard Boss Battles|>
    <|Visit my Flickr for PSO2 Related Pics!|>

I swear it seems like they come up with a terrible new idea every month. >_>

Expanding a bit, the actual idea isn't terrible, the way its will be done is. Unless Dodo suddenly gets better at his job, this will only be useful to richies.
    Last edited by Jakosifer; Nov 26, 2012 at 02:35 PM.
    UNHAND ME THIS INSTANT! D<

By the way, this is how I expect things like HP absorb to be implemented. That's good! It'll give purpose to weapons that crash from 5m to 500k just as soon as something 3% better shows up (see what I did there?).

If it turns out to just be things that are purely stat modifiers to existing stats then little will change. Everyone will still go for the best damage weapon, it's just that'll become the new baseline for ~megaleet~ players.

re: Level 5 being the cap. I doubt it. I'm hoping for diminishing returns, but I'm not holding my breath on that either.

I really really hope a change to the grinding system comes with this. Some kind of cap on failures in some way, either consecutive (25 failures in a row, +8 to +2 with -0 and -1 the whole way down is horrible) or total.

Maybe max of 100 failures per weapon? I get that some things shouldn't be easy, and I agree that not everyone should necessarily all have the same top-performance gear, but the line between difficult and RNG-enabled impossibility is not a thin one. There's countless ways to make something costly or difficult to create (identical terms in most RPG's), and random is a bad one because it allows players to throw hours and hours and hours at something with no promise of success while the majority of players do not face this problem. This is not fair and it's not fun. Plenty of things in life are not fair, a game needn't be on that list. It's made numerous people I know stop playing because of how bullshit it is. Those same people were, up to that point, paying customers. Alienating paying customers is a bad long term plan.

Such is the way of free to play unfortunately :/

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

this would be swag if they bring back portable's grind system, and just made it really expensive...

At least then you'd know how much you're paying.

I'd rather know I'm gonna pay 3 mil to upgrade some shit. Than gambling away 2-5 mil at it.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.