Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
    The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Default PSO2 JP December Update Video & Info

Nice music.

Looks like the Twin Falclaws are coming out!

Mod Note: Translated December update info added from front page story:

The first two updates announced for December on the official teaser site are scheduled to launch on December 5th and December 12th. Here's a summary of what is going to be included (be sure to check the links to see all of the screenshots for each section):

Update: The official blog has also been updated with additional information. More details are being added to this article as the news is translated.

Christmas Update (December 5th through December 26th):
    • Christmas Event & Lobby
    • Holiday Rappies w/ chance of special drop
    • NPC with limited time Client Orders
    • Limited time Christmas emergency quest "Merry Christmas on Ice"
    • Christmas-themed Cake Shop (appears in above quest)
    • New Christmas AC scratch, including santa costumes & accessories

Christmas Rappy

Female Santa Costume

Game Changes / Additions (December 5th):
    • New weapon potential ability system - Allows unlocking and leveling of hidden abilities on certain weapons through the item shop when grinding to +10, as well as advancement of a weapon's hidden ability using meseta and photon spheres. A weapon which has its hidden ability unlocked will have a gold name and icon, as well as a gold visual effect when equipping it.
    • Parallel Areas - During quests, there will be a possibility of a special transfer device appearing which will move players to one of three random parallel areas. In these areas, rare enemies will be much more likely to spawn.
    • Improved Party Matchmaking - Players will be able to view and choose parties from another block from the quest counter. Doing so will automatically move them to that block.
    • Time Attack Quests now soloable
    • Premium Set Improved - Accept up to 40 client orders (up from 20), improved drink effects, and increased FUN.
    • New ways to obtain grinders and improved chance of acquiring them from FUN scratch.
    • Other player-requested changes, previously revealed in October

Parallel Area full of Rappies

Dark Falz (December 12th):
    • Players will get a chance to battle "Falz Arms" in a new emergency quest. This is a ship-wide cooperative event that must be completed a set number of times within 30 minutes to unlock the second phase of the boss battle. The number of emergency missions completed will be announced at set intervals and phase one will be accessible to all Arks, starting at level 1.
    • Once the required number of Falz Arms have been defeated, players can continue on to phase two and face Dark Falz Elder (his true form, which was sealed on the planet Naberius). Dark Falz Elder is extremely large with many arms and will be a challenge to defeat.
    • New Trade Shop - In addition to the Falz boss battles, a new shop will be added where pyroxenes (stones such as Iritista) can be traded for 10-star weapons and items.

Dark Falz Elder

PSO2 producer Satoshi Sakai also mentioned on the official blog that this climactic update is not the end, noting that another major update will be split between the end of December and early January. The name of the future update roughly translates to something along the lines of "A Future Worse Than Death."
    Last edited by Tomeeboy; Nov 30, 2012 at 12:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

BEEEEEAAAST

Can't wait for this update and that little noise that played repeatedly reminded me of a louder version of that subtle chime in the intro of Idola the distorted. Or maybe i'm just crazy. (yeah i'm just crazy)
    Kyras- Ship 02 HUnewm
    Kyras- Ship 02 RAnewearl
    Gameguard- Ship 02 FOcast

Quote Originally Posted by Insane food dish View Post
    Can't wait for this update and that little noise that played repeatedly reminded me of a louder version of that subtle chime in the intro of Idola the distorted. Or maybe i'm just crazy. (yeah i'm just crazy)
    You can hear it in other IDOLA songs too.... I'm ok with this.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

Christmas EQ is gonna insanely overlap the other one

Man... I'm actually impressed with the new areas and the look of Falz here. The music is actually pretty cool here as well. I'm surprised, but I'm actually looking forward to this 0_0

I'm beginning to think Xzibit went to the darkers and was like "Yo dawg, we heard you like faces!"

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

The music in that vid really gives this update an "Ok, this is the last update. We are NOT releasing ANY more updates at all." feel. Kind of like a finally.

err question, whats the shop at 1:06 for?