Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
    Skilled Fighter

I don't think there's any MMORPG that doesn't suffer from gear RNG problems in terms of both drop rates and upgrade rates.

At this point, arguing that PSO2's is "worse than most" isn't getting us anywhere. The point is that it's a trend in how gear is handled across most MMORPGs as a means of creating "lastability" and "sense of accomplishment" when you finally find the gear/succeed that 4 line transfer of rank 3 stats. Is it the right way? No, so is it the lesser of all evils? Maybe.

Making gear fair and balanced can really only happen a few ways, or at least I've only seen it happen in a few ways.

1. Gear is highly dependent on doing quests. Everyone ends up with approximately the same gear early-mid game as it is handed out to you by completing generally simple quests. Occassionally you see that idiot who skipped out on quests and wonders why he's having a hard time.

2. Increase the overall drop rate. If you take your own personal luck/RNG misfortune into account, then doubling the drop rate means that the, for example, 100 runs it needed to take to find the rare you wanted will now take 50. That also means that one guy who's insanely lucky will end up finding two of those rares in one run rather than just one. Obviously this is just crunching raw math and not taking anything on the long term into account, but increasing drop rates or success rates in upgrading or stat transfering won't change your relative income/success compared to everyone else who puts in the same amount of time and effort, which seems to be the biggest injustice if I'm reading this thread correctly - we both put in 50 hours, yet why does he have 3 mill and I have 800k?

Dungeon fighter implemented a "fair" gear system with it's magic sealed equipment. Extremely easy to find, extremely easy to get good stats on, extremely universal for all classes and characters. The value of all items decreased by at least 1/3rd their original price, and some items that used to be considered insanely legendary became common pocket change. You couldn't make money off of anything because even "epic" drops only awarded you with pocket change that would hardly afford you the things that they DIDN'T increase the drop rate on and remain extremely expensive in comparison. Money just doesn't get around when things are too easy.

In the end, it's always the people that got lucky enough to get ahead of the game that stay ahead of the game. I have yet to see a system that has made a weak, undergeared player actually be a match to someone who has earned a fortune, if even by chance. And that's why they put tradable cash shop items and outfits in games, to bait you into picking their most profitable means to make you feel like you can do something.

I'm assuming that the people who are still stuck to PSO2 but are complaining about RNG haven't left yet because there simply isn't any game out there that actually has fair RNG. Ultimately, caring too much about avatar strength is what the problem is. Unless you plan on soloing the whole game, you could most likely get away with 6* items at +8 everywhere you go in a game like PSO2.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    Well, lol.
    My reaction was more along the lines of FUUUUUUUUUUU!

Really, Sega? Don't give us more grinders!

JUST MAKE GRINDING EASIER!

Mini rant over. ._.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoir View Post
    20 Iritista for a 10* weapon... Now the question is how to get those. .-.;

Parallel Area is nice and all (the city one feels like 7th Dragon 2020), but the way they describe them make it sound like the PSPo2 cake shop area. orz

The hell is an Iritista?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    The hell is an Iritista?
    It's the stones you use to exchange for a 10* weapon.

But nobody has any idea how you actually obtain them. We'll probably have to wait until the patch arrives to know.

Iritistas are magic spellstones. They've appeared in various Phantasy Star games. For example, they were around way back during the GC & Blueburst days:

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?o...icle&artid=620

They've also appeared in more recent games, such as Phantasy Star Portable 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    It's the stones you use to exchange for a 10* weapon.

But nobody has any idea how you actually obtain them. We'll probably have to wait until the patch arrives to know.
    it's a recycle shop, so it's probably trade in a 10*...

...this is funny considering how hard it is for some of us to get a 10* anything in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Rien View Post

...this is funny considering how hard it is for some of us to get a 10* anything in the first place.

Well, I know people with like 5 *10s and some with 0 *10s.
    I think if you MP farm enough you'll get one eventually...

Then again, I got both of mine by just soloing a few missions for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rien View Post

It depends on which 10* they allow us to trade in. I mean, I'm sitting on all these.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoir View Post
    It depends on which 10* they allow us to trade in. I mean, I'm sitting on all these.
    Oh true..I completely forgot about *10 units lol.
    I might just start stockpiling them just in case..

The Iritista shop is a new one, not an addition to the Recycle Shop. We'll most likely have to buy Iritista stones with ExCubes or Photon Spheres (or AC).

The whole "10 star" thing is a bit misleading, too. Just like with Grinders now having an "improved" chance of being found in FUN scratch, which only means lower chance of getting anything you might actually want from there, the only thing that you get from this new shop is an (hopefully) easy access to a small selection of the weakest 10* weapons out there. That sword has S.Defense as a requirement, so while it's not bad for a defensive build, it still feels like people who have never seen a 10* weapon before are just getting thrown a bone to here.