Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Green Coloured Reflection LinkKD's Avatar

Default After-patch Delay Bug

So, after the patch on the 5th I've been getting this really anoying bug |:

at first it seemed like a camera bug, but I slowly figured out what it really is with some observation.

In the end it seems it's a sort of latency/delay I have on my mouse and keyboard. Basically...whenever I move my mouse in the game, or I type any key on my keyboard, it takes about 0.3 seconds for the game to actually read the command. It doesn't sound like much, yeah...or one could think it's really only my imagination...but for some reason that actually fucks up my camera really bad.

The best way I found to 100% test what was going on was to do the following: alt tab from PSO2 but keep it on the background...this way I can see both PSO2's cursor and the windows cursor, and they both will respond to my mouse aswell. So then I start moving my mouse around and I notice that the PSO2 cursor is behind the windows cursor, like if it was running after it.

So yeah...that was a long explaination...I should probably just record a video showing it, I might try that...but I just want to know if anyone else got this bug, or if Sega stated that they'll fix this bug...Idk, I just need to find a way to play normally again, because playing like this is really not enjoyable.

and ah, ofc...this happens only in PSO2, my mouse and keyboard work just fine on anywhere else.

How to enjoy MMOs: Less Numbers, More People

Link KD @Deviantart / @Youtube / MY YOUMU VIDEO, WATCH IT !1!

I have no idea how to fix this but have you tried these?
    -Setting pso2.exe priority to "high"
    -Using different window modes (Fullscreen, virtual fullscreen, etc)
    -shutting down as many processes as you can before playing?

what's your specs btw?

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

Could it be some sort of mouse smoothing? I remember something like that when playing Borderlands.

Green Coloured Reflection LinkKD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Syklo View Post
    I have no idea how to fix this but have you tried these?
    -Setting pso2.exe priority to "high"
    -Using different window modes (Fullscreen, virtual fullscreen, etc)
    -shutting down as many processes as you can before playing?

what's your specs btw?
    I did.

however it's not a computer performance bug...the fps in the rest of the game is just fine and normal, and the latency the commands have is a steady one...it doesn't keep varying.

the bug just started after the patch too...never happened before, so...it's really something they altered in it. The weird part is how noone else seems to be stating this bug...I'd guess it's because most people play with a controller so they wouldn't really notice, but...there must be people here who play with keyboard+mouse too.

it's not something huge really...but it's clearly there, and it's really anoying x_x.

and uhm...even if it's not computer performance related, imma give you my specs anyway:

Intel Core i5 CPU

4 gb ram

ATI Radeon HD 5570 video card

(I intend on upgrading the ram memory and video card soon)

thanks for reading and stuff btw :~...my only hope is resting on Sega fixing this for now, as the bug is PSO2-only and I've already messed with all the settings that could make some sense on this from PSO2

Edit:

Mouse smoothing? what is that?

but uhm...it's not only the mouse, they keyboard gets it aswell so...meh.

How to enjoy MMOs: Less Numbers, More People

Link KD @Deviantart / @Youtube / MY YOUMU VIDEO, WATCH IT !1!

I wonder if the keyboard or mouse is wireless?

Hey hey,

Made an account just to report that I am experiencing the same problem. I don't see it as much with my keyboard input, but I am getting very noticeable camera (mouse) lag and stuttering. My solution right now is to basically double my mouse speed (2000->4000dpi), which makes the stuttering worse, but the game is still very playable.

Like Link, the game has always ran buttery smooth for me. I have experienced nothing of the sort until Wednesday's update. I didn't change any settings prior to this lag/delay.

I too have been wondering why nobody else seems to be having this problem. So I decided to chime in, hoping we can get to the bottom of this somehow.

My general info:
    Ship 6
    Windows 7 64bit
    Intel I5
    ATI Radeon 4800
    8gb Ram
    SSD HD

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
    I wonder if the keyboard or mouse is wireless?
    Nope don't have that. Keep in mind that we didn't experience this problem at all before the patch!

As if everyone plays with controller..............well I don't.

Not getting this problem myself, but the only annoying problem I might get that's somewhat related is when sometimes the chat box loses focus and I just start randomly opening windows, lagging my screen.

Direct chat would be a solution, but i have no scroll lock key.

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

Well nothing much we can do until we wait for next week's bug/glitch fix update, hope its fixed by the time it comes around.

Well, Sega's not going to fix it if they don't know about it. That's the biggest problem, we're not seeing the problem reported anywhere. So it's up to those who are experiencing the problem to compile as much information as possible and somehow report it to Sega.