Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help with Gunslash build?

I want to make a Gunslash-focused build for fun, but I don't really know what classes to use or what Mag I should train. So far, I'm aiming for a Hu/Gu with either a Cygnus or a Corvus, but I really don't know what I should do for my subclass. Ideally, I want to use both S-Atk and R-Atk PAs without any bias towards either stat, but if I had to choose, I would lean towards S-Atk.

This is what I have so far for the skill tree.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Considering that Gunslash doesn't have guard function and that HU stances diminish your defense, I think you'd get more out of it as fighter, as its stances would greatly improve the damage of both ranged and melee attacks.

For the subclass, following the same idea, I agree with GU being a good option. Chain Trigger would work very well with PAs like Thrillsplosion and Rage Dance, which hit many times (also the weapon is fast for that too).

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    Considering that Gunslash doesn't have guard function and that HU stances diminish your defense, I think you'd get more out of it as fighter, as its stances would greatly improve the damage of both ranged and melee attacks.

For the subclass, following the same idea, I agree with GU being a good option. Chain Trigger would work very well with PAs like Thrillsplosion and Rage Dance, which hit many times (also the weapon is fast for that too).
    Hunter has naturally high R-atk while Figher has naturally high T-atk. While I do myself go Gunner/Fighter, I don't suggest going Fighter/Gunner unless you want to have 70% of gunslashes be unavailable to you to use.

HU/GU.
    GU/HU.
    GU/FI are the optimal gunslashes classes I'd say, base stat-wise.

I want to make a Gunslash-focused build for fun
    Gunslashes aren't slack fyi. They have launchers' AOE, Rifle's range and the damage of a full gear sword if used right.
    Last edited by Coatl; Dec 9, 2012 at 09:01 PM.

In that case I'd choose GU/FI myself for the skills. Although being a single weapon user would honestly be the most boring gameplay for me, tbh. If it was me I'd also take in account what other weapons I can use.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Gunslashes aren't slack fyi. They have launchers' AOE, Rifle's range and the damage of a full gear sword if used right.
    And how do you pass the damage of a full geared Sonic Arrow/Over End? o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Rien View Post
    And how do you pass the damage of a full geared Sonic Arrow/Over End? o.o
    The two new PAs, additional bullet and slash rave, deal a considerable amount of damage.

WAY PAST COOL, BRAH! Drifting Fable's Avatar

You know, this sounds kind of fun. Gunslash was a indeed a favorite of mine in the early days. What kind of skills are needed and is it geared more for ranged play or melee play? I've got my Fighter stance ups maxed so far. Haven't touched gunner.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fable View Post
    You know, this sounds kind of fun. Gunslash was a indeed a favorite of mine in the early days. What kind of skills are needed and is it geared more for ranged play or melee play? I've got my Fighter stance ups maxed so far. Haven't touched gunner.
    Gunslash is a mid-range distance kind of melee weapon.
    I would say at least have step attack. The classes that are most useful for a gunslash are fighter, gunner and hunter.

Honestly you don't have to take away from any skill tree from any of those classes to be good with a gunslash. Aerial advance as well as ZRA works with gunslash, the stancees from hunter and fighter work with gunslash.

The only thing is FI/GU lacks a strong base r-atk, which may not allow you to wear some gunslashes.

Thanks for the input!

I think I will go with either HU/GU or GU/HU.
    Any end-game gear in particular that I should look for? Any specific Mag suggestions? I want to be able to plan my Mag stats and see if I need to add points to my skill tree to meet requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by ACDC View Post
    Thanks for the input!

I think I will go with either HU/GU or GU/HU.
    Any end-game gear in particular that I should look for? Any specific Mag suggestions? I want to be able to plan my Mag stats and see if I need to add points to my skill tree to meet requirements.

If you tell me your race and gender I can give you the exact mag stats you'd need to get end-game gear at lv50.

In terms of skill tree, you would max out fury stance and both JA advances on hunter, get Attack PP restorate on Gunner. Honestly everything else in the gunner skill tree is preference. I enjoy getting aerial advance's bonus damage from using Ein Raketen (エインラケーテン) then Additional bullet (アディションバレット), or Ein Raketen (エインラケーテン), jump with the enemy and normal attack twice and use Slash Rave (スラッシュレイヴ).

Oh, and if you haven't picked up on it yet...I love gunslash. <3