Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Why does everyone rate FOnewm's so low?

I've looked around the internet for tips on being a better Fonewm. But a I noticed a general consensus that Fonewms suck.

Why is this? I mean, at the moment, mine has some really bad accuracy, but in general, he can really nuke enemies without a problem. Is it jut lower proficiency in comparison to the other Forces in the game? Or something?

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xevioso View Post
    I've looked around the internet for tips on being a better Fonewm. But a I noticed a general consensus that Fonewms suck.

Why is this? I mean, at the moment, mine has some really bad accuracy, but in general, he can really nuke enemies without a problem. Is it jut lower proficiency in comparison to the other Forces in the game? Or something?
    It depends entirely on your server, and which version of the game you're playing. On the big server FOnewms and FOnewearls are the only FOs that you see regularly.

Rappy Hunter

Fonewm is the best and most common fo on the server I play on. Many people don't like it's support abilities but for me, I enjoy the nuking abilities.

As the others said, it's down to personal preference, although Fonewms do rate quite well as being the "Nuker" of the Force class. Remember that male Forces get faster bare-handed casting speed - which they do retain with the fist-type weapons.

Oh yeah, I didn't think about supports. I've noticed in online games, people have a tendency to abuse mages, demanding that they heal all the time. I used to play this game called Grand Chase and all the mage players kept getting cursed at for not healing people. It's kinda sad.

As for the faster casting speed, it only works without a weapon?

Male characters (all of them) cast faster with the unarmed animation (even having a weapon equipped which has this animation will work), while females will cast faster with a cane (I think - I know it's one of the Force-specific weapons).

As much as I can tell, it's because FOnewms get bonus damage to gi and ra techs, which are all AOE, and also zero bonuses to support tech radius. The enemies worth getting a bonus for tend to be alone and require focus fire, e.g. bosses or minibosses. That's what FOnewearls get, a bonus to normal level techs (foie/barta/zonde), plus resta & anti range. FOmarl gets grants, which is nice, and resta & anti PLUS shifta & deband. FOmar gets gi level techs, then S&D.

Well, so long weapon bonuses. :P

So, the general consensus is that without decent support, FOnewms tend to be despised more?

I used to think it was about their designs.

FOnewm are the best offensive class of the forces in general. While FOnewearls might have higher MST if expanded, the 30% boost of RA techs comes in handy for FOnewm without the extra MST balancing them out. Also, I think they could get the most out of a Psycho Wand with 60% boost Ra techs total? That must own!

It is true that FOnewm do not have the stats to be support forces, but if that's your thing, then there are weapons you can use to get around their deficiencies. There are also weapons that will give a 30% bonus to the element they are tied to. This is useful for long range attacks and bosses/mini-bosses. The true advantage of a FOnewm comes at higher levels with level 30 attack techs, and a good mind MAG.

There is nothing better than seeing how fast a group of FOnewm with level 30 nukes can clear a room. Of course that will really piss off the hunters if they cant get their hits in before the carnage starts.
    "Newman ruiner of things"