Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    That was the idea of my friends post. People react so sharply to things like this.
    With reason of course, but if it were anywhere else?
    I think its more on how we relate to it personally rather than its location or whatever race is involved.

For instance, I won't be phased about the hundreds of deaths to AIDs, but I will to a school shooting, because I have younger brothers that I'm raising, little ones and a few big ones, and an event like this will have me have thoughts in the back of my head saying "What if it were any of their schools?" It won't make me have a panic attack, but it is a bit of a snap of reality.

Does that make us come off as selfish, heartless monsters, and/or racial bigots? Probably. Is that true most of the time? Of course not.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    I think its more on how we relate to it personally rather than its location or whatever race is involved.

For instance, I won't be phased about the hundreds of deaths to AIDs, but I will to a school shooting, because I have younger brothers that I'm raising, little ones and a few big ones, and an event like this will have me have thoughts in the back of my head saying "What if it were any of their schools?" It won't make me have a panic attack, but it is a bit of a snap of reality.

Does that make us come off as selfish, heartless monsters, and/or racial bigots? Probably. Is that true most of the time? Of course not.
    Not at all. You react stronger to those you care for. And in this case, you react stronger to those /closer/ to the things you care for in this case.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."