Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Micro View Post
    Driving scares me, much so that I still refuse to try and get a driver's license. Talk about embarrassing.
    Actually, I hate driving as well... I somehow managed to get my driver's license, but everytime I have to drive, I feel really uncomfortable, so I try to avoid it and take the bus or train instead My dad sometimes has to force me to drive, because he's afraid I forget everything I learned...
    "Yo Kid! 'Sup? Whazzat? You want summa DIS whiskey?
    You just outta da crib, kid! Go suck Yo momma's milk!"

I had a rather rational fear of driving on the highway - that is, other people being inept - but my driving instructor started us off in a quiet neighborhood and everything was fine so I was unknowingly directed onto a highway during business hours (for reduced traffic, I assume) and shit was fine.

As with many other things in life, overcoming fears is often as easy as doing exactly that: Overcoming them. Jump in.

Unless it's poisonous. Don't jump in on anything that's poisonous. Unless you live in Australia. Then you really should know what to do around something that's poisonous instead of risking locking up out of fear.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Two things that I know for sure that spooks me out the most are insects and high atitudes... Insects cause they're flat out creepy, have the potential get inside your body and you won't even know it, and lst but not least just one bug could get you ill hospitalized or even kill you. Heights are just plain out scary even if yer wiping the offices on the 35th floor T____T

sleeping is my Only Fear. Reason for thhis is when i go to sleep and i try to wake up i cant unless someone calls my name. for example back when i was 10 years old and me and my brother had bunkbeds i had the top i went to sleep he did not when i was trying to wake up its like something was pushing me down it felt like i was screaming his name but i figured i wasnt because he did not respond so i let my body go back and comfortable on the bed and ill pop up its scary the other day that happened. Sometimes when im asleep It feels like someone is holding me breath so i cant breath and when im on my last breath ill be able to breathe
    PSU-Good riddance
    PSO2-lvl 19 Katsumi Ship 8 Hunter
    PSO2- lvl 34 Katsumi Ship 2 force

Quote Originally Posted by .Rusty. View Post
    Getting drafted into an unjust war.
    Oh god I never want this to happen.
    And as for me, I'm terrified of heights.
    Not like being on a rollercoaster, I love those, I mean like standing up somewhere very high. Just the thought of falling over... terrifies me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastifyys View Post
    sleeping is my Only Fear. Reason for thhis is when i go to sleep and i try to wake up i cant unless someone calls my name. for example back when i was 10 years old and me and my brother had bunkbeds i had the top i went to sleep he did not when i was trying to wake up its like something was pushing me down it felt like i was screaming his name but i figured i wasnt because he did not respond so i let my body go back and comfortable on the bed and ill pop up its scary the other day that happened. Sometimes when im asleep It feels like someone is holding me breath so i cant breath and when im on my last breath ill be able to breathe
    Sounds like a case of a bad spirit =/ Might wanna call someone religious to purify the house or start bringing more positive energy round the house.

Sounds like a case of sleep paralysis to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Heart attacks. Every time I get one of my painful skip-beats (approximately a few dozen times a day), I think it's gonna be 'the' one that does it.

Also, the fear that if something like that happens, no one is going to be around to call 911 (or ease me through my passing, if it's too late).

I consider all of that really irrational since, even though my risk of it happening is 300-400% higher than the 'average' person, it still probably won't.

EDIT: Also, the fear of interaction. I feel like whenever someone talks to me, or even looks at me, they're thinking "wow, what a piece of shit. I hope he dies." (which has actually proven to be true sometimes, haw). But, for the most part, I know that's extremely irrational, but I just can't convince my brain of it.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Dec 17, 2012 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by .Rusty. View Post
    Sounds like a case of sleep paralysis to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
    Ohhh silly me how could I have forgotten about sleep paralysis >_<

Calls from family members late at night.