Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rin Kagamine View Post
    My friend showed me a game that reminded me of pso its a free mmo called Rising Force online im not sure about gameplay wise but it has 3 races an elf race and a machine race and idk what race the other one is but it doesnt have human ears lots of classes tho i dont know alot about the game because i havnt played it but anyways it free.
    RFOnline is quite similar to pso in that all three races are still human. Modified humans but really they are all human.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    Its fine thanks for the replies everyone. I played Mabinogi and instantly disliked it after playing it for a few weeks. The controls are clunky and caused a lot of unfair deaths even when enemies would aggro me after passing them as I tried to explore. Is Ragnarok Online good? I watched the anime and liked it and the setting.
    Ragnarok online is rather old school, not sure if you'll like it or not. I do believe its worth a try but dont get your hopes up to high.

Ragnarok Odyssey for the vita on the other hand, is a lot like pso.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

No mention of Vindictus? It's a fun game, and they did a bit of an overhaul. Have yet to check it out recently, as I stopped playing for a length of time, but it's a fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    No mention of Vindictus? It's a fun game, and they did a bit of an overhaul. Have yet to check it out recently, as I stopped playing for a length of time, but it's a fun game.
    I was going to mention vindictus but its combat gets repetitive after a while.
    I haven't tried the new update but ever since open beta it felt rather.. restraining.
    Its a lot less about exploration and more on combat. Thats not a bad thing, but its definitely a game not fit for everyone.

The Perfect Program Rin Kagamine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DayDreamer View Post
    Thats not a lot to narrow things down with, but I know its hard to pick what you like about Phantasy Star. Now that I think about it, I cant bring up a reason why I love it so much either..

Honestly I think you should go to Mmo bomb and look around there. I dont think you'll find a carbon copy of Pso, but you might find something close.

I wouldnt recommend these since I dont know what appeals to you but some "mmos" that come to mind off the top of my head are

Hunter Blade
    Mabinogi
    Dragon Nest
    Shin Megami Tensei Megaten
    and Torchlight 2

Im sorry I cant be like "Hey just go play ____! Its just like pso!"
    I really feel like I should know but i just dont.. >_<
    i definately dont recommend mabinogi its garbage but if i had to recommend a nexon game that was linear it would be vindictus.

Quote Originally Posted by DayDreamer View Post
    I was going to mention vindictus but its combat gets repetitive after a while.
    I haven't tried the new update but ever since open beta it felt rather.. restraining.
    Its a lot less about exploration and more on combat. Thats not a bad thing, but its definitely a game not fit for everyone.
    yes just like mabinogi repetitive

and boring its made by the same company except mabinogi is for more of those people who like lolicons.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post
    RFOnline is quite similar to pso in that all three races are still human. Modified humans but really they are all human.
    Well thats good news and tyvm for the info.
    Last edited by Dhylec; Dec 30, 2012 at 10:39 AM. Reason: merge

Quote Originally Posted by Rin Kagamine View Post
    i definately dont recommend mabinogi its garbage but if i had to recommend a nexon game that was linear it would be vindictus.
    Devcat isnt garbage and by no means is Mabinogi Linear. Vindictus might be linear progression wise but that might be exactly what someone's looking for.
    They are both two different beasts, they wouldnt be able to hold the player bases they have if they were "garbage". Different Mmo's appeal to different people.
    Yet another reason why its so hard to recommend mmos to people :/

Also a side note, please edit your posts instead of double posting to much.
    Just helpin you out now before someone flips their shit xD

I wouldn't call Mabinogi garbage its just no matter how far I was in levels, what level my skills were or the stuff I had equipped I would die a lot. That's what my biggest problem with the game. The clunky controls made it difficult to react to what monsters were doing and caused alot of death. I eventually gave up and quit.
    I put this in my first post but I guess no one noticed it so I will ask if these games are free to play?
    Last edited by Noblewine; Dec 27, 2012 at 12:11 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Imagine Online, you summon demons after you form a pact with them and learn skills for both your character and your demon companion.

The only other game I have experience for years was Flyff, but that is heavily CS based after level 40.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    Imagine Online, you summon demons after you form a pact with them and learn skills for both your character and your demon companion.

The only other game I have experience for years was Flyff, but that is heavily CS based after level 40.
    I heard of Flyff but have no idea what it is. I should look into it.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    I heard of Flyff but have no idea what it is. I should look into it.
    Korean MMORPG with characters that look to be underage with voices that sound underage wearing things like the following image:
    Spoiler!

Also a raid boss that requires a clan of level 70+ with the best gear possible or an event that lags the server:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by blace; Dec 27, 2012 at 12:46 PM.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.