Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

I just wish Edward gave out an actual answer instead of avoiding it.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

I would not mind about international release of PSO2 as long SOJ provides a better customer service worldwide through its branch located in different continents. Content needs to be in sync i.e. international version should be nearly identical to the japanese updated release.

Major fixes in security meaning replacing GameGuard by a much better designed security software, a quick brandaid means another disaster in happening that affected both PSO and PSU series. Apparently, NA/Europe has a much stricter security requirement that should be taken in account. Containing or hiring thinkerers would be a much greater asset.

Expand to growing platform other than Microsoft Windows system by using a crossplatform tool. Playstation Vita uses OpenGL so porting to say "Ubuntu" should be trivial as demonstrated by Valve.

Remember SOA and SOE were both reorganized. It is a matter of wait and see. The content must be really big, the hiring of voice-overs in different languages etc.
    Japanese PSO2 Character
    Aliyah Tulumba Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    No idea if you've played the Japanese version, but costumes is what everyone is bothered about. The most popular updates seem to be the scratches, and most people blow most of their meseta on aesthetics, then complain they're so poor that they can't grind / affix.

It's kinda sad, but whatever.
    Someone seems a bit miffed that others don't put as much importance on the same aspects of the game as they do. People can put focus on what they want. Also, I've not seen very many people 'complain' that they "can't" grind/affix, and those that I have seen weren't people who 'blow' their money on aesthetics, anyway.

I'm still one of those people who took to many shots of vodka and is hoping they just turn the JP servers international with a couple of blocks IP locked for players that don't want to play with the rest of the world.

Personally I think "blowing" your money over aesthetics is a great idea! Instant satisfaction. Never gets beaten by something else with better stats. Easy to obtain. Doesn't require extra resources to reach it's full potential. Finally, most of all, what's best is up to your own personal opinion period.
    Laxedrane - Ship 10| Force-70 Hunter-70 Techer-70 Braver-70 Bouncer-70
    Darrin- Ship 10 Ranger-62 Gunner-65 Force-1 Techer-0
    Ismaire- Ship 10 Hunter-51 Braver-51 Bounder-1

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    I just wish Edward gave out an actual answer instead of avoiding it.
    Well you gotta realize that his job is just to relay information from Sega to us. If they tell him not to say a word, it's his duty not to. Breaking that code would most likely result in him being unemployed. Sega uses him as a front man so that he will take the heat when they mess up.
    PSO:BB - Shelburz - 3x EXP server GM

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaz0r View Post
    Well you gotta realize that his job is just to relay information from Sega to us. If they tell him not to say a word, it's his duty not to. Breaking that code would most likely result in him being unemployed. Sega uses him as a front man so that he will take the heat when they mess up.
    He should do some Corporate Espionage.

If I had to give an example of my trust in SoA and SoE, it would be this.

PSO2 is the reason I am currently taking a proper, paid Japanese course. And it wasn't cheap.
    I have no faith what so ever if everything I heard about PSU is true.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    Seeing how Edward hasn't said anything on it but other games on his blog on the site and a somewhat recent comment about not being able to disclose further information in a comment replying to a comment, I don't see this going well.

No new information has been gleened from the official Sega site or posts by the community manager in the PSO2 (West) subforum there is concerning. I can live without the game, it just hasn't lived up to the PSO in its title.
    The game is moving quite fine, but do remember that this title is needed to be handled a little bit differently because it's an online title, it's not like Sonic Transformed, or the console titles. There is a LOT of work that needs to be put down to make sure the game is going to be ran without problems, that's prolly why SOA has been quiet about the game.

If they gave up on the title, I'm sure they would have taken down the site, but if you ever followed other online games that needed to be translated, then you would know that it takes a bit of time to get the other version running. So all we can do is just wait, when it's time to say something, something will be said.

I would be okay with a friggin' official english text option/server.

To be honest, I don't understand some of the stuff they did in this game. I like the way they changed ranges to a more mobile class, and third person aiming, as well as multiple PA's on one weapon (other than rods).

But among several other complaints, it's a little cash shop happy and why on earth is there no character level anymore seriously WHAT THE HELL.

Shoulda just made PSP2i a PC game. - it's a little more worthy to succeed PSO.
    Last edited by Nidramag; Dec 31, 2012 at 08:34 PM.

I r i s - 13X -VaDewearl (3X)

Quote Originally Posted by Nidramag View Post
    But among several other complaints, it's a little cash shop happy and why on earth is there no character level anymore seriously WHAT THE HELL.
    I love that feature. Honestly, it's better than char. level IMO.
    Because when I invite new friends over and they invite me to a party, instead of overkilling with them as a lv50 i can just switch over to some other class and be in their league

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )