Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher_9 View Post
    I would, however play US/EU for the story, so i can immerse myself into it; as well as join up with family and friends from other games on it to help... other than that, I am a permanent resident of JP Servers.
    I agree. I want to understand the story better. I have a lot friends waiting to play but rather play the NA version. I have my concerns as well due to past relations with SoA. Never know tho, they may pull thru. I will be keeping my JP account and continue to play it as long as I'm not blocked out.

I'd be worried if only for that fact that so many of us are on the JP server already

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArcher View Post
    I'd be worried if only for that fact that so many of us are on the JP server already
    What would be more concerning would be if SoA decided to boot NA/EU players from the JP servers, forcing all to jump to NA/EU servers that would still potentially suffer the same fate as psu. Long run: Left out in cold with no access to either.

Ok, I'm just going to assume that's not going to happen. Back to my happy place.

Don't you mean SoJ? SoA will only have jurisdiction over the version they oversee.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

SoJ, yes. My mistake.

Ok, this all got me thinking (warning). I'm sure there's a multitude of reasons why this isn't feasible, but why doesn't SoJ just utilize an English version within their existing server structure. If servers are needed for extended growth, add as needed. Make the global aspect centralized in Japan. CCP does it with EVE (granted the parameters are different).
    Last edited by Mike; Jan 4, 2013 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Merge

Sakai stated that varying laws would make for a difficult international version of the game

Sakai stated that varying laws would make for a difficult international version of the game
    Well that just sucks on a number of levels. It makes it easier for SoJ to cut any outside ties because they're hamstrung from the get go. No wonder they just dabble outside their borders rather than diving in head first.

Silly countries and their laws, makes me wonder what laws are in place for the US. It would probably just make me laugh, other than that, the internet itself is an ambiguous body that harbors many, many dark secrets that are not so secret. This is where I wish the rulings thereof is more like TRON... Google should hurry up and take everything over so we can have our united servers to play a game... ... xD (Erm I mean, play as one - the dream WILL be realized... keeuieheueu)

The downside of it, well... is up to the suggestive thought...

I suppose I'll just continue to slowly learn a foreign language and dish out coinage to SoJ The rest will take care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by VorpalMech View Post
    I will be playing both versions. The way I see it, the NA version will work as a translator for the subtle elements of the JP version that I can't understand/translate. That way, if the NA version goes down early I'll have a better grasp of the JP version overall.
    You do know there's a patch that lets you view all the menus and most of the COs in English right? It's already been stated that the people behind that project will continue even after the NA release.