Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Seeing how Block20 is, English servers will be GREAT!!! I can feel it!!! YES!

Anyone still 'patiently waiting' for the US/EU version may need to check themselves into a mental ward for some help.

it's (sort of) a joke, calm down

But no really, at this point, it's just not worth it. With not a shred of news whatsoever since the announcement, it's pretty goddamn clear how the US/EU version of PSO2 is going to be supported.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunfa View Post
    Seeing how Block20 is, English servers will be GREAT!!! I can feel it!!! YES!
    Damn, 40 is full, I guess I'll head over to 36- that one too? How about 5? 11? Not doing the areas I want... Guess I'll log back on at :45.

I am waiting and I will keep waiting. I want to support sega any way I can to get the US version off the ground
    Meta77 and Melissa- The Ultimate dream team *in any game* aka cheesy duck and icecream bunny.
    Meta77-Level 150 FF: Human/M
    Metal Meta77-Level 150MG: Cast/M
    Neo Meta77-Level 149 MT: Newman/M
    Kasumi77-Level 64 F: Cast/F

Well im looking fowerd to it but i still cant help but feel like something will b missing :/
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Anyone still 'patiently waiting' for the US/EU version may need to check themselves into a mental ward for some help.

Anyway, still patiently waiting.

We were literally starved of any new previews for the JP version following it's announcement. Spoon fed maybe some concept art, or a tidbit of data every few months, with nothing notable until we were dangerously close to closed beta and release, both having last minute or abrupt announcements, respectively. This did not dictate how well the game was handled in terms of service and content. Service / content has been superb (If your Japanese).

I expect the same trend for our localized version in terms of previews, if not more severe due to it being a foreign release. They could potentially not be to concerned with giving us any news because information on the title is so easily accessible due to the previous JP release through a standard google search or trip to PSOW.

With a release date so ambiguous as "Early 2013" this could really mean anytime within the first quarter of the year (January-March). With that said, I'll reserve my concern for the end of January / beginning of February.

I stopped worrying about the US/EU PSO2 when I started playing on the JP server.. Being a PSO vet since dreamcast I already know how SOA will handle the servers.. They messed up every PS title they touched. Do you honestly think PSO2 will be any different? I'll be on JP servers and laugh when US/EU gets closed up in a year of release.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierhiet View Post
    We were literally starved of any new previews for the JP version following it's announcement. Spoon fed maybe some concept art, or a tidbit of data every few months, with nothing notable until we were dangerously close to closed beta and release, both having last minute or abrupt announcements, respectively. This did not dictate how well the game was handled in terms of service and content. Service / content has been superb (If your Japanese).
    That is not true, Sakai has been posting news about PSO2 every week or every few weeks in his blog since October 2011, months before the 2nd Alpha test.
    There hasn't been any news at all about the english version, be it small or big, for over 3 months, and with the game being planned for early 2013, we're possibly somewhere between 1 to 4 months away from release.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Dec 30, 2012 at 12:42 PM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    That is not true, Sakai has been posting news about PSO2 every week or every few weeks in his blog since October 2011, months before the 2nd Alpha test.
    There hasn't been any news at all about the english version, be it small or big, for over 3 months, and with the game being planned for early 2013, we're somewhere between 1 to 4 months away from release.
    The Sakai blogs reflected progress on the game's development. To be fair, we are well passed this stage with PSO2. Unless your proposing Sakai take up an entirely separate blog for progress on localization, for his foreign fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Sierhiet View Post
    The Sakai blogs reflected progress on the game's development. To be fair, we are well passed this stage with PSO2. Unless your proposing Sakai take up an entirely separate blog for progress on localization, for his foreign fans?
    No, but SoA should make use of their own blogs and the facebook page that they took control form SoJ to share news about the progress they've been making with the game.

Right now we have no idea how the english version will be, how much content will be available on launch, how the arks cash content will work out, how voice acting will be handled (like, if they'll keep the game with japanese voice acting, or keep the characters silent except for the bigger cutscenes), we don't even know if the english version will have any sort of public testing before release. This is the type of things that SoA should be sharing with us, instead of being completely silent.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom