Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by seany1990 View Post
    The only way SoA will improve is if Non-Japanese boycott both versions.
    This is exactly what the fuck I tried to tell them before. If you don't want to support the release, that's fine. No one is crucifying you for going JP. This entire forum is less of a condemnation of EN players supporting the JP release, and more so a defense of the EN release entirely. Daily. But don't sit here and add any bit of your opinion to the discussion of whether or not the EN release will be successful with selective reasoning because your impatient, or pissed about before, and not reasoning anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierhiet View Post
    You absolutely have to compare the two fairly, and the only way to do that is to compare timelines. So recap. JP got their announcement in September. We got a small scratch of info from the Dengeki interview in January, the following year with actual game footage not showing up until April. 4 month intervals. The EN version on the other hand was announced in July of 2012. We got to actually see the game, in action, with a playable demo, ect. At PAX 2 months following that. (September I believe?) So who exactly had to wait longer, gentlemen? Because from my perspective, and compiling the facts, we've been treated rather decently when comparing the timelines.

I will concede that the fact that they set an early 2013 would lead some to be a bit concerned, but that doesn't really have much to do with information flow, as stated above.
    As I see it, if they announced the game for, for example, the 2nd half of 2013, there would be no reasons to be concerned about the lack of information, but they announced it for early 2013, that could be anytime between now and march~april, it's not really about the "flow of information", but more about being so close to the supposed release date and having no new info for 4 months, seeing them not doing anything to advertise the game.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Jan 10, 2013 at 10:23 AM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    As I see it, if they announced the game for, for example, the 2nd half of 2013, there would be no reasons to be concerned about the lack of information, but they announced it for early 2013, that could be anytime between now and march~april, it's not really about the "flow of information", but more about being so close to the supposed release date and having no new info for 4 months and seeing them not doing anything to advertise the game.
    I agree with the bolded, but that wasn't the argument you were making a few posts ago. This thread is filled with posters basically saying we haven't heard anything and that JP got more info, more frequent. None of that is true. The only reason any of you are really concerned at this point is because of the close release date. Not because of a lack of advertisement or no new info. JP didn't even get to see what the game looked like for 8 months. Forget advertising. And before that, as I highlighted, we only got little drops of info. They would have been better off not setting potential release date for some of you. From my observation, it's caused a certain level of anxiety in everyone.
    Last edited by Sierhiet; Jan 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM.

You sound exuberantly bitter, Darki, and loose as a cannon. The last time you and I had a discussion, you yourself weren't even keen to the facts and ended up looking entirely misinformed, so I would hope you wouldn't want a repeat of such. I'll humor you though.
    Last time we got a discussion we were talking about something entirely different, namely, a rule in SoJ's TOS, in which yes, I was wrong, but because that rule had been changed (not that I was coming up with it entirely); And the fact that the same situation had been up for all of JP PSU's life and none of the consequences you spoke of arose.

I admitted my mistake concerning the fact involved with that matter, not with the matter itself (because I didn't have to).

This has been discussed billions of times before. The discussion of this thread in particularly though was, should we be worried considering the lack of information flow. I have already proven we aren't deviating far from what the Japanese got in terms of information flow. Stay on topic, sir. If you want to go over the same tired argument of before, you can refer to threads of the past. Or, I'd be happy to have the discussion again.
    As it has been stated in this thread already, the situation with the JP release and the US one are entirely different, so it's only logical that we treat differently matters regarding said releases.

Alright, did you even take the chance to read any of the fallacies coming from the peanut gallery? Anything other than my post? Or did you simply see my name in the most recent post, and just had to retort, in any way possible. It is not blind faith when I'm coming in with factual reference to disprove or support something. It is, however, blind rage when you get posts from individuals on the lines of "SOA doesn't give a shit about PSO2" with absolutely nothing supporting the ideal, other than past poor experiences (while simultaneously ignoring other data). Now Darki, you could either go back and sift through the stream of EN release bashing yourself, or I'd be happy to go through and hand pick every single post for you, and quote in my next post. Pick your poison.
    Honestly, I could care less about your name in this forum, but as it has happened previously, it surprised me the attitude of your past answer and couldn't help myself to answer, although I don't remember showing any hatred in my own answer towards you. It's you the one who take my post and overreacts completely.

Also, I love how you talk about ignoring other data when you're the first who deems much of that previous data as "past por experiences". The fact that you niptick the information that supports your point to make it stand out as the information against, doesn't make it equal.

Also...

Narcissistic - egotistic: characteristic of those having an inflated idea of their own importance.
    Which proves my point. When did we show that behaviour?

When you think 2 month intervals (EN) of information flow in comparison to 4 (JP) is unfair, and are perpetuating the ideal that this is a foreshadow of bad things to come, than yes, I think the above term would sum up the sense of entitlement some of us have had fairly nicely.
    I would entirely agree with you if that was the only issue, but of course you'd answer me now that this is now what the thread is about.

This final quote is the most bitter, hate filled cluster of bile I think I've ever seen from you. Forget everything else for a second, but in the bolded your basically submitting that you want the EN release to fail financially so that we get a better game next time? Sir, are you serious? Am I reading that right? And then back to the top. All of that is absolute scornful bullshit. Your mad, and its oozing through that entire paragraph. The JP servers have been taking opinions from it's user base since day one, and applying changes (some I wouldn't agree with at all), so that whole bit about SEGA considering said ways of handling things, and only caring about their pockets isn't fair at all.
    But I see that you just take the words and interpret them as you see fit to demonize my point of view. In which part of that sentence (and the following posts that weren't adressed at you, but about the same matter) did I ever show any sort of eagerness or wish for the EN release to fail. Interestingly yu don't seem to have anything against the one who talked about boycotting not only the US but also the JP release to make the point clear.

The fact that I wonder what could possibly make SEGA work on this release for a change doesn't mean that I support any of those possibilities. The thing is that, we've been willing pets on previous releases and that didn't change anything, so I didn't think that was neccessary to add to my statement. Suggesting that maybe a financial failure this time might cause this change of attitude doesn't mean that I wish, expect and even enjoy said future.

And that whole bit about us EN hopefuls dropping our pants in optimism? So what exactly are you doing when you jump ship to JP, ignore the TOS (or pretend it doesn't exist ), are cut off officially AC wise, and then proceed to jump through more hurdles just to give THEM your money, while simultaneously dealing with a foreign client (languages). You are a hypocrite.
    Why would I be a hypocrite for playing the only version of the game available at the moment and that has the most chances to success?

Also, you're assuming 1) that I'm ignoring the TOS, which I know perfectly of (but hey, use that mistake of mine now and every future discussion, I was expecting that sort of behavior), but I simply consider the pros and cons of breaking that one rule; 2) that I jump though more hurdles to play in the JP servers (I hope you enumerate them, I simply registered in a page, downloaded a game and started playing) and 3) that me dealing with one foreign client would cause me any more problems that dealing with another foreign client.

About the money, I suppose you're not as naive as to think that what you'd pay for the US release is going to stay there. SEGA is an international corporation, and what you will pay in the US supports the JP server as much as the opposite does.
    Last edited by Darki; Jan 10, 2013 at 10:39 AM.

Actually, I'd say your comparison is a bit skewed, Sierhiet. You're comparing the time it took Sonic Team/Sega of Japan to make a full game and put it online to the time it's taking the American team to just translate it and put it online.

I seem to recall a patch translates quite a bit of the game, the bits remaining untranslated being due to the data being server-side; patch made by a fan in his or her spare time, rather than something a professional is paid all day to do.
    Just some little details I thought were worth imputting.
    Insert signature that details my numerous PSO2 characters and years of various PSO-related gaming experience here.

Quote Originally Posted by Will_Nonheim View Post
    Actually, I'd say your comparison is a bit skewed, Sierhiet. You're comparing the time it took Sonic Team/Sega of Japan to make a full game and put it online to the time it's taking the American team to just translate it and put it online.

I seem to recall a patch translates quite a bit of the game, the bits remaining untranslated being due to the data being server-side; patch made by a fan in his or her spare time, rather than something a professional is paid all day to do.
    Just some little details I thought were worth imputting.
    A community will always get things done faster than an official representative.

Quote Originally Posted by seany1990 View Post
    A community will always get things done faster than an official representative.
    Yeah, you're probably right. Still, the comparison sticks : we're comparing making a full game vs. a translation job, really. Not exactly a direct comparison, is it?
    Insert signature that details my numerous PSO2 characters and years of various PSO-related gaming experience here.

Well. I would say this thread has gone down the toilet.
    Just look at all the stupid.

I agree with the bolded, but that wasn't the argument you were making a few posts ago. This thread is filled with posters basically saying we haven't heard anything and that JP got more info, more frequent. None of that is true. The only reason any of you are really concerned at this point is because of the close release date. Not because of a lack of advertisement or no new info. JP didn't even get to see what the game looked like for 8 months. Forget advertising. And before that, as I highlighted, we only got little drops of info. They would have been better off not setting potential release date for some of you. From my observation, it's caused a certain level of anxiety in everyone.
    Sometimes I'm not really good at making my point clear (plus I had some time to think about my opinion better)...
    About the bolded part, it's not exactly how you say. The reason for being worried or for the lack of trust in SoA is because of the lack of advertisement and lack of info this close to the release date, it's basically because of both things together.
    Little drops of info every now and then would have been alot better than this complete silence from SoA. It's not even just the lack of info, but also the lack of posts from SoA representatives in the official forums and facebook page, this just gives an impression that they don't care about the game, I mean, they could be talking with the community without revealing info that they can't reveal, right?
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Jan 10, 2013 at 11:13 AM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Will_Nonheim View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right. Still, the comparison sticks : we're comparing making a full game vs. a translation job, really. Not exactly a direct comparison, is it?
    To be fair, there is probably an element of rebalancing happening as well. I doubt if, when the game comes "Hard" will be as "Hard" as on the JP servers.

To be a zealous, indignant fangirl, that could be done in a beta that they could have announced by now.