Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

We don't know yet how the Profound Darkness is going to be portrayed in PSO2. The classic games' version, however, was destroyed in PSIV.

I am going to argue that we are not talking about the same Profound Darkness here, but that we will end up destroying this one as well. I am still thinking PSO2 is mirroring the classic series.

In any case, I would warn people not to think stuff is related just because the same terms pop up somewhere; just like Dark Falz appears in every PS game as a staple, but not every game being connected.
    Last edited by Mysterious-G; Dec 30, 2012 at 10:59 AM.

When it comes to the story, there's also the mysteries that are Shion and Matoi.

Shion is somehow making the player go back in time and play certain events in a different way.
    Matoi, even though she has no memory of her past, she was the target of the masked man back in the first chapter.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

It's like what Enforcer said. Think of every time we get sick or something...we work so hard to find a cure, just so we can prolong an inevitable death a little longer. Even if it's just one more year of new memories, it's worth the fight. Every day is worth fighting for, yeah?

I just like poking things with swords. Saving the universe is just a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    This.

BUT WE ARE NOT INDIVIDUALS, TOGETHER WE ARE JUST AS INFINITE AS TIME AND DARKNESS!

So make more babies keep and killing dark falz' cousins.
    Off topic but i love whats in Rock's headphones

>How the Dark Force has always been since the first Phantasy Star

I r i s - 13X -VaDewearl (3X)

Speaking of Rock's headphones, my brother found this Kimbra remix recently:

Izdope.

There is nothing deep about it, it's simple, they have staple "final" enemies since the beginning of the series and they will keep coming back in every phantasy star you never actually kill them(in a sense). Hell, even in PSO they just shifted to Olga Flow, same dark entity just a different host. It's no different than Bowser in Mario, Ganandorf in Zelda, pretty much every damn warcraft villian....well you get the point, they enjoy milking things that people like.

A losing battle?
    If each time that thing comes back and we beat it's ass that's a winning battle. It's not that evil comes back but we never stop kicking it's ass.
    It's you overcoming the demons not them always coming back. :E

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

The profound darkness is the collective consciousness of a full community of the losing side of a civil war, twisted by anger and pain at being banished for millennium. Dark Force is a small collection of that collective consciousness, designed to weaken the seal binding him little by little every thousand years. Destroying the evil is as simple as jumping through the seal, and killing the host.

If we can't kill the source of Dark Force, we at least buy ourselves a large deal of time. Every time we do, our technology advances a great deal and we're better prepared for the next one. While Dark Force was the main villain in the first game, he was demoted in each subsequent game until PSO (which took place in a different universe. Which may actually of been more advanced, considering the seven year faster than light space travel they're capable of). Considering we get stronger while the Darkness stays the same strength or gets weaker, we're doing pretty good.

I should emphasize that this Falz may not be the same we're used to. There's no clear link between the Dark Falz' in each universe, so it could very well be a different entity. This one could just be a space demon, and killing the head may be all we need.