Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Seriously. I think the question's been answered several times over. O the first page. At the very least, this is somewhat entertaining.

fo/fi has better burst damage

fo/te has better sustained damage

if you know that the variables will be accounted for, such as knowing the direction enemies will face before they even spawn in TA, that's a non-issue

this is the fucking definition of balance

yes one might be better on average than the other, but that's the definition of reality - there will not be perfect balance between two different choices

why is this a multi-page fucking "debate"

Because it's entertaining.

for the record I play Fo/Te and enjoy it, but I've seen Fo/Fis do ridiculous damage using the wrong elements and cheaper techs like Zan. I realize the argument got a bit out of hand, but I mean how stubborn do you have to be to keep telling someone "no, style or preference has nothing to do with it, my way(which also happens to be your way) is always better"?

How many times will a monster spawn facing away from you and then not turn around?

If a build can take something from 2-3 hits and turn it to 1-2 hits, even if it's not quite as sustainable it's an improvment to DPS during those bursts which is nothing to dismiss, especially if the added damage makes it so that regen times are more frequent.

Anyway it's over now. I wanted to see some hard data demonstrating just how much those 30 seconds in PPC did for Fo/Te's DPS over time vs the damage of Fo/Fi, but all I got was basic theory without application. I'm not going to engage him again, because it's clear he was more interested in the fight than he was in contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    it's clear he was more interested in the fight than he was in contributing.
    Half of PSOW in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    8%? What are your stance skill levels? Do you have element weak hit advance on your techer?

These details are important when comparing these sorts of things.
    Yes, I had max stance ups for brave and wise, as well as max elemental weak hit on my techer.
    Forever after the immortal beloved...

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Satyr View Post
    Yes, I had max stance ups for brave and wise, as well as max elemental weak hit on my techer.
    so your gigrants can do more?

Do you have the stances themselves maxed too?

IIRC it's a default 10% damage boost for using the right element. coupled with a 20% boost from elemental weak hit you're looking at 32% vs 58%

With the difference in Te t atk vs Fi T Atk I would expect a 16-17% difference in damage with stances and the ups maxed out.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Half of PSOW in a nutshell.
    80% sadly

I left the base stances at 5 points because of the diminishing returns. I attacked dagans in the first area of vh ruins, so you could try the same with around 1400 t attack and see if you get similar results. I can imagine the payoff for stances is worthwhile if you have very high T attack, but I use item find gear, so I can't increase my damage any further.
    Forever after the immortal beloved...