Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Oh, I agree, but Sega seems to need their precious gambling mechanics.

They could just make it fail a little more often then. Hell they could even add AC items to boost the chance of success

It'd be pretty weird seeing a weapon at +4, +8 and +2 with the same damage value

I'm gonna throw in a random idea too:
    If grinding a weapon to the next level required filling up a sort of progress bar represented by 0-100%.
    A successful grind would give the full 100% and increase the level by 1, as it does now.
    A failed grind would still fill up the bar by 20-40% (just an example, it can be any # really.)

Eventually it'll reach 100% and increase by +1. This way you're still making progress bit by bit whenever you throw grinders at something, because the main annoyance is throwing hundreds of grinders at something and either making no progress or going backwards :/

As much as I hate the grinding system, I have to admit i'm totally addicted to it The highs are high and the lows are.... rage-quittingly low.
    | Dextro | Ship 10 | Legion |

I understand money sinks are necessary in these kinds of games but this is just horrid execution.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

I'm not even sure if grinding is a money sink, because not much meseta actually flows out of the system. Most of it just goes to other players (price of grinders, price of locks, boosters, etc.). Of course everytime meseta is spent some is weeded out, but I highly doubt it's enough.

I mean AC costumes are 210k now. w

210k for a costume is the norm when it's during the "dry" weeks. =v= Once a new scratch happens it will drop back down to 168k-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    I'm not even sure if grinding is a money sink, because not much meseta actually flows out of the system. Most of it just goes to other players (price of grinders, price of locks, boosters, etc.). Of course everytime meseta is spent some is weeded out, but I highly doubt it's enough.

I mean AC costumes are 210k now. w
    Shut up, Zyn!

It's a money sink when your grinders have more value than the actual meseta cost to grind. 30k+ per grind on 9*+. That's meseta you won't be earning from other players now that Dudu has discarded all 999 you once had in inventory.
    Need a change of pace? Need pocket change? Learn a Time Attack here!
    Naberius - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lkQuqfF36A
    Lillipa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRVD8FCO-2M

Quote Originally Posted by dablacksephiroth View Post
    Shut up, Zyn!

It's a money sink when your grinders have more value than the actual meseta cost to grind. 30k+ per grind on 9*+. That's meseta you won't be earning from other players now that Dudu has discarded all 999 you once had in inventory.
    You don't know what a money sink is, do you?

Stopping inflation they said. Lies.

That said, I vaguely remember them saying something like "the game is continually changing" and "we'll continue to evaluate the economy". All liiiieeeesssss.

On topic though, threw 260 grinders at Welfare Double Saber and it's at +3 right now. Wouldn't be a problem if I could equip Noise Blower as a HU with a FI subbed; but lolhorrible clumsy all-class weapon system.

A money sink (that works, mind you*) would be nice. AC costumes going to 210k now because of those affix and grind 20%s; which I personally don't think help at all as the RNG can still manage to screw you over.

*Taking money away from the game itself. Not you losing money to another player buying your grinders and protections; that money is still in game (minus the tax).

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    You don't know what a money sink is, do you?
    I know damn well what a fucking money sink is. Do you? Now, once you put out your definition, tell me then that the methods of Dudu and EX drinks are not sinks.
    Need a change of pace? Need pocket change? Learn a Time Attack here!
    Naberius - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lkQuqfF36A
    Lillipa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRVD8FCO-2M