Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Smile In Celebration Of...

In Celebration of my wedding anniversary this month I was curious. I would love to know how many couple play games together! Don't even need to be a couple, maybe just someone you care about or someone you enjoy playing games with most of the time! Or perhaps your loved one thinks of gaming like the plague! I wanna know

I'm celebrating 13 years of marriage this month. 13 years of humor, adventures and chaos. I've been playing MMO's with my hubby since the first PSO came out(Our first MMO). Unfortunately I have no pics from that time cause well... it was on a console and yeah, that's where they are lol. Here's a little photo show of our time we spent on games just relaxing and having fun

FFXI: We played this game for 6 years. He's the Hume, I'm the Elvaan.
    Spoiler!

Aion: Played this for about 3 years. My hubby starting playing female this game. Said was tired of looking at a guys ass lol.
    Spoiler!

And of course PSO2: Our current MMO.
    Spoiler!

That's great that you're playing games with someone you truly care for. I've been gaming online for over ten years myself and I've met a lot of people online who are in a relationship with a significant other.

One of the first group of people I've met online was in the game Dark Age of Camelot. They were a husband and wife team like yourself. (husband was playing an Eldritch while the wife was playing a Hero). Eventually I would meet up with the husband's brother and their mother.

Whenever I hear about situations like yours; it makes my heart do a little dance for joy.

I personally don't play with anyone who lives in the same city as I do; let alone a significant other. <sighs>

Ty
    I know not everyone has someone they can play with from their real lives. But I hope that you have someone you can always pal around with Games are always better with good ppl. Its the community that makes the game!

13 years is very nice considering the way many relationships end, hope you guys continue to have a happy life. As for me, I suppose I've been with my gf (now fiancee) since I was 19, now 25...I guess we're goin pretty strong, she's not really into games besides final fantasy, god does she love those, including the mmos. So I've played with her on XI and XIV, though I could only find one shot that I had saved still lol. Tried to get her into pso but she refuses since there's no crafting, and I think it's for the best since she likes to gamble and we all know that's all this game is.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlily View Post
    Ty
    I know not everyone has someone they can play with from their real lives. But I hope that you have someone you can always pal around with Games are always better with good ppl. Its the community that makes the game!

Very true. It's been a while since I had a good group of friends to play with. After some had gone off during PSU, we never truly connected much together again for multiplayer-gaming.

I have mainly 1 or 2 friends who I occasionally game with. Not too often, lately. I would say that will change a lot in 2013, as we have more stuff we are getting into, which has multiplay. For what's out right now, there's Minecraft and possibly more Borderlands 2. (Have a Legendary weapon on my Mechromancer in that game. Mechromancer rocks. That's right Tiny Tina, you're not the only crazy little genious the world has. I still can't believe she only placed 3rd in the science fair.)
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Jan 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gravityvx View Post
    13 years is very nice considering the way many relationships end, hope you guys continue to have a happy life. As for me, I suppose I've been with my gf (now fiancee) since I was 19, now 25...I guess we're goin pretty strong, she's not really into games besides final fantasy, god does she love those, including the mmos. So I've played with her on XI and XIV, though I could only find one shot that I had saved still lol. Tried to get her into pso but she refuses since there's no crafting, and I think it's for the best since she likes to gamble and we all know that's all this game is.

Spoiler!
    That is a cute looking pic with her looking up!

We played XIV for a little while and kinda fell out of it. But after trying the alpha it looks like we may get back into it. My hubby already decided he wants to be a female galka. Him and his strong looking women lol!

Wow, 13 years! That is so awesome! You don't see a whole lot of that nowadays unfortunately. God bless you!

Out of curiosity, which FFXI server did you play on?
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

Quote Originally Posted by Zeota View Post
    Wow, 13 years! That is so awesome! You don't see a whole lot of that nowadays unfortunately. God bless you!

Out of curiosity, which FFXI server did you play on?
    Started out on Fairy but moved to Ragnarok when I found out my brother and his wife were on that server.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlily View Post
    Started out on Fairy but moved to Ragnarok when I found out my brother and his wife were on that server.
    Ah ok. I was on Fairy until mid-2009 then moved to Phoenix to reunite with some friends that subsequently moved to Carbuncle where I am now.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

Congratulations on the anniversary! In hindsight, I've known a surprising number of couples - married and separate, in online games. Most have actually remained together to this day, to the best of my knowledge.

Whatever the reasons, gaming as a partial cause or a partial effect of a happy marriage (I suspect both for most of the people I knew), I'm glad to see people in positions in their lives where they can be truly happy with at least one person they know. Sometimes it seems like even that's too much to ask for.