Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Default What do you want from PSO2 to make it a better game.

I hope this thread isn't done already, I gave it a quick search and didn't find anything (But I have terrible luck with forum searches)

I was just thinking about how the random nature of PSO2 is fairly fun, but they don't take it quite far enough. PSO is set in a futuristic environment mixed in with medieval and modern mechanics. But as far as I'm concerned we don't have enough of this randomness.

I was thinking the next cool thing would be on rail shooter emergencies. Using the gun turret's to do On-rails shooting missions. E.G. using a fighter campship or something to defeat space-fairing darkers or clearing the city with a fly over mission of some kind. Mostly because it seems unrealstic that a bunch of guys in skin tight suits are the only force that can defeat these enemies. Gun and spaceship battles surely happen!

With on-rails being discussed, what happened to de rol le ? I wouldn't mind doing a few boss fights on a moving raft, or a dropping elevator.

"Randomness" as in variety, huh? Yeah I can agree with that. Would break up the monotony of the mindless slog of general gameplay much better than bosses whose entire design is "lmao gl hunters." Game really does need some cool segments that are fun and good.

But take out some randomness in other areas. Especially gear grinding. Why not allow players to use up 50 grinders per shot for a better (non linear) increase to upgrade? Or what if I have 30 weapons with the same Soul on it, let me eat them all at once for a guarantee that it'll stick instead of forcing me to sit through a triple 30% chance five times in a row that might happen the first time or never at all. Plus the silly "same number of slots" requirement. Oh cool, this weapon has four or five abilities on it- *vendor trash*

Elder Falz is actually very reminiscent of de rol le. I love raft-style boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    "Randomness" as in variety, huh? Yeah I can agree with that. Would break up the monotony of the mindless slog of general gameplay much better than bosses whose entire design is "lmao gl hunters." Game really does need some cool segments that are fun and good.

But take out some randomness in other areas. Especially gear grinding. Why not allow players to use up 50 grinders per shot for a better (non linear) increase to upgrade? Or what if I have 30 weapons with the same Soul on it, let me eat them all at once for a guarantee that it'll stick instead of forcing me to sit through a triple 30% chance five times in a row that might happen the first time or never at all. Plus the silly "same number of slots" requirement. Oh cool, this weapon has four or five abilities on it- *vendor trash*
    Yes, I absolutely agree. and have suggested such. I don't see why failing needs to be a staple design of "money control" Just make success more expensive. New gear will come along anyway and replace the old stuff. But yeah Randomness in game-play. And indeed "good luck hunters" is pretty much what the game suggests. Over-end. More like "Never get the important hit off without getting your face mulched using a horribly long attack animation".

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Elder Falz is actually very reminiscent of de rol le. I love raft-style boss fights.
    I can see where you are getting that from, but it's not really enough for me. The background is also static for the most part.
    Last edited by FacelessRed; Jan 8, 2013 at 05:12 AM.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

make everything grind wise cost 1 grinder,make affixing things cheaper,and make it to were you can actually earn 10 stars with a certain amount of enemy kills

I think that this game has too much character customization (not that I don't enjoy it) but lacks something that PSU had, which is mission variety.

The way this game handles missions, with the Emerency Code system, makes all missions for a certain area pretty much the same with little to no variation. If you run the free exploration mission for a given area, you'll be able to get everything in terms of codes and enemies than any of the Arks quests, leaving these to strategic and particular occasions like farming an uncommon enemy in the free field that has a sure spawn in any of these (Gilnas for example, or minibosses). With the addition of the new parallel worlds, Arks quests got a bit of a facewash and at least serves other purpose than running them twice and occasional run for a Client Order, but still, it's not that much of a difference. Then you have Time Attacks, which are entertainingto those who like, but to people like me who don't really care about that stuff, served no purpose till TACOs were implemented.

It feels like SEGA notices this, hence the implementation of parallel worlds as single party area missions and very rewarding COs for TAs, but still is pretty much the same. If you're looking for a parallel world you won't really play to do the Arks quest, and if you're doing TACOs most people don't really care about the "time attack" and just go for the rank and money. In the end, the thing is that we have only 7 areas. In PSU, having 7 areas would mean that we'd have at least between 14 and 21 missions, all of them somewhat different but equal in importance, with none in particular standing out as the "free field" mission, even if there were spotlights at a time like White Beast. But in PSO2, having 7 areas means that we have 7 missions, some of them already forgotten (like Tundra or Caves).

I think part of the problem is that free missions follow the same level-scalling as any other, making all these missions but the "last" one to become obsolete unless you're farming a particular item. If they were equal in level scalling, granting a somewhat similar exp per hour but having different enemies and drops, people would spread a bit more and enjoy other areas without feeling that they're wasting their time. It's already too late and would take too many changes to do this on the current difficulties, but I think that the very last difficulty this game may reach should have them equal. Another thing would be, which I assume they will do but just wanna emphasyze it, to ad way more areas and planets. Cīmon SEGA, in the logo there are at least 7 planets, that whould make for a minimun of 14 areas... and that'd be already lame. <_<

Onto other unrelated issues, I wish elemental weaknesses were a bit more spead. After the first darker-themed boss being weak to fire and getting our first massive-ass "final" boss weak to lightning, I think this game should finally embrace the Metroid-ness and make some floating-energy-sucking darker bastards weak to ice. Ice needs more love. It's funny how wind and dark also have a similar situation being restricted to "half-an area" but are much more used than ice.

Also, make a line of common (from 1* to 6* rank) class free weapons for all weapon categories please... It really sucks that you can't have any real hybrid gameplay and have to restore to have your subclass as a skilltree wh*re until you get some impossible drops. As a Force/Hunter, I wasn't happy at all needing to get to level 48/50 to be able to use decent free class hunter weapons. It kinda killed my motivation for a whole month till I decided to get my ass to work (and playing as HU/FO having the "FO" part just for nurse chores was no fun). Expansing on this idea, they could give these weapons attributes aimed for hybridation, like making melee and ranged weapons with a decent amount of TATK, and giving some tech weapons a good special limit break related to other classes. A rod that boosted Guard Stance's effect would be reeeally sexy, for example. Or (lol) damage dealtto weak spots, for the lulzness of techs + Weak Bullet OP-ness.
    Last edited by Darki; Jan 8, 2013 at 06:14 AM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

EVERYTHING

EVERYTHING EVERYTHING

EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING!!!

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

i haven't gone far enough in it to complain...but open world would be hella fun

Quote Originally Posted by ScarredBushido View Post
    i haven't gone far enough in it to complain...but open world would be hella fun
    Problem comes when there are "worlds". xD

Maybe not open open worlds, but free missions could use some more square killometres... like a lot and maybe the option to jump from one to another area on a single planet (like, you go so far north in Forest that get to Tundra, then Ruins). Then give us vehicles (real ones, not the crap from PSU that was instance-based) and we'll be happy gamers.

yeah probably everything...

More Class, More Zones, More items, More weapons, More bosses....

Sega releases end game contents that are easily completed within about 1 or 2 weeks every about 2 months. Dark falz was fun and exciting at the first week, yet it becomes repetitive and easy to defeat in about 1 or 2 weeks when everyone now knows what to do.

The end game content in this game is either to compete in TA time attacks, or just grind your way up into getting rare weapons (damn RNG), and luck and money in affixing and grinding to get best gear.

What i really want in this game, is a new system/mode or somethin as an end game content (not just releasing new zones and bosses, release some new modes, maybe PvP). If they still insist in releasing new zones and bosses, they should probably release it every month at least so that people would not need to repeat and get bored on grinding on the same zone.

Oh and i want more unique quests instead of just running around in Free field @_@

Oh and probably a mini scale open world (huge free fields with more than 12 players with unique landmarks or places like villages or somethin like that. also randomly generated)
    Last edited by Ryuvos; Jan 8, 2013 at 06:25 AM.