Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Pokemon X & Y

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I'd actually really like a pokemon game that abandons the existing level system and focuses on a more in-depth development system. Like proficiency systems used in other games, where you get better at what you keep doing, etc. The gains wouldn't be strictly to damage, that wouldn't gain much. It would be more in accuracy (physical, not rng-based), ranges, etc.
    Pokemon already has a system like that but it's hidden.
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Effort_values

Pokemon already has plenty of depth its just you can ignore almost all of it if all you wanna do is get to the ending credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post

In my opinion, I would say that Nintendo is in a position now where taking the risk of making more dramatic changes to the series could be just the right move. Even a relatively-small change, such as making multi-Pokémon battles much more commonplace (standard, even) and making positioning on a small area of a battlefield (with larger areas for larger battles) a core mechanic could do wonders for making the game's combat far more interesting - especially when considering what moves to learn, as some of them may have, for example, special kinds of additional movement that happens as a result, allowing for repositioning gambits to happen in the hands of a savvy player.
    I think they are fully aware of that fact. That's how we ended up with 3v3, and Rotation Battles in BW2. Yeah, they're definitely innovative. But I do think they're more a novelty than anything. Also one of the worst addition to the series in a long while.

You also have to factor in that Nintendo doesn't like social activities.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

GOTY