Default First time playing in a few months all server's status unknown and error 249

So just like the title said.

Ive been out of the game for awhile and havent kept up with news so I'm not sure if this is a common thing or not.

Well i recently redled the game and after updating and applying the english patch i get the connection problems. Basically when I hit log in it tries to sync the server status for a bit. Then lets me pick a server except that the status on all servers are "unknown." And after i log in i get error 249.

Also I'm playing from china, but i dont think that should matter. I tried to play through my vpn and same problem

Thanks for any help

I dont think the english patch is set for the recent update from the 9th january. Perform the file integrity check (3rd box on launcher) and see if that fixes it.

Seems like you're getting no connection to the ships (servers), best to check if your ISP, modem, router isn't blocking ports or anything that allows you to connect.

Thanks guys. I did an integrity check and still the same thing. I'm checking over my router settings though since my isp has not changed at all.

i lol'd when i saw the 15 hour maintenance downtime on the main page. i thought at first it was the snow storm i heard about over there. (in jp)