Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kireek's Pioneer 1 rival

The first time I battle Kireek in Waterfall of Tears, he said something about "My Pioneer 1 rival would be happy I found a worthy opponent."

Who is his Pioneer 1 rival?

Heathcliff Flowen.

Perhaps it was explained, but how did they become rivals when everyone on Pioneer 1 / Ragol die?

Quote Originally Posted by T0m View Post
    Heathcliff Flowen.
    Was it? I never got to play Seat of the Heart, or any other quests that had Kireek in them, but the only people I knew were connected to Flowen were Donolph (the retired Hunter) and Rico.

And Garret, they would have been rivals before Pioneer 1 ever left the home world. Or they would have been comparing records while Pioneer 2 was in transit.

Because we are on the topic of filling in the story lines. Who is "DB"? Could it be Donoph?

Random text before quote

Kireek
    AKA: The Black Hound
    HUcast: Purple (Bluefull)
    Relations:
    Special Powers: Stealing the health of his enemies
    Affiliations: Black Paper Organization
    Enemies: Unspecified Pioneer1 rival, the law

You first meet Kireek during the quest ‘Battle Training’. Kireek is very powerful (except in V-hard/ultimate), and helpful as well, even though he prefers to work alone. Yes, powerful, helpful Kireek wants you to become more powerful as well. However, if he had a heart, he wouldn’t be doing all this for you just from the goodness of it. He sees something in you all right: a possible worthy opponent. Kireek is the powerhouse/assassin for the illegal organization Black Paper. He always equips the weapon Soul Eater, which gives him his special power.

If you -Do Not- tell Sue your name in the quest "Dr. Ostos' Research", Black Paper will see you as a threat, and send this purple HUcast after you. Kireek is one of the game’s most fascinating characters, as you meet him and fight him several times as you follow his decent into whatever form of insanity androids can have. Falz saw his power, just as it saw Ricos' and starts him on his path to insanity.

He had a rival on Pioneer 1. To obtain his Soul Eater, you fight him in "From the Depths" after he defeats Ash in the ruins. If you defeat him, he will drop his weapon. After he is defeated by you, Falz takes his nearly dead body and he meets the same fate as everyone from Pioneer 1.

Kireeks' P1 rival was HeathCliff Flowen. When Kireek learns that Flowen Died, he tries to fill the emptiness by doing Black Paper's dirty work, becoming the Assassin "The Black Hound". However, no one seems strong enough to truly challenge him as Flowen once did, so he challenges you instead, after he dissappears once the authorities begin an investigation. "It is rumored that he was killed by a hunter, but the rumors are unconfirmed".

Not that I doubt you at all DC, but what's the source for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett_TD23 View Post
    Because we are on the topic of filling in the story lines. Who is "DB"? Could it be Donoph?
    As Donoph was on Pioneer 2 I doubt you'd be finding his cast-off equipment on the surface of Ragol

As far as I know at no point in the games (episode 1 to 4) is there any conclusive evidence about who Kireek's rival is. But, also as far as I know, on PSO-World the reigning theory is that Flowen was Kireek's rival. See DC-Player's quote.

With some digging around here, some cool threads can be found with all kinds of info about PSO's story. For anyone interested, here's an example.

Wow, that's a really good thread... Thank you much!

I had the page saved because (as i expected) the website went down.
    website was phantasystardynasty

by using waybackmachine you might find other random info
    http://web.archive.org/web/201203221...ardynasty.com/