Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I started using the name "Seravi" in Final Fantasy XIV. It's an attempt at a play on words with "c'est la vie". I used the name "Zeroblade" in FFXI but that's the result of a silly teenager's un-creativity (but spelling it backwards is totally revolutionary).

Insofar as one prior game is an indicator, Seravi is "plain, but different". Hair and eye color are brown, but she's one of the "slightly different from human/elf" races. Lalafell in XIV (little people race), female Cast here.

And gotta have a ponytail.

HU-36 FI-48 RA-50 GU-50 FO-35 TE-36

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

well I brought my first character from PSU pretty much but just changed the name to something a bit more creative then THING lol

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I started using the name "Seravi" in Final Fantasy XIV. It's an attempt at a play on words with "c'est la vie". I used the name "Zeroblade" in FFXI but that's the result of a silly teenager's un-creativity (but spelling it backwards is totally revolutionary).

Insofar as one prior game is an indicator, Seravi is "plain, but different". Hair and eye color are brown, but she's one of the "slightly different from human/elf" races. Lalafell in XIV (little people race), female Cast here.

And gotta have a ponytail.
    I saw the name and immediately thought of Simba's mother.

My two characters, Aura and Darkie Peanuts, have very different stories.

Aura is the name of a fictional character that I created many years ago for a fantasy story I came up with near the end of my institute years, and I continued developing over the years to this point. In that story, Aura, the main character, is bassically a girl who is sent to a parallel, steampunk-ish world where magic is possible. Since I created that story, I've been usng her name everytime I create a female character in any game, including PSU (where she was a beast Wartecher).

Darkie Peanuts had more "social" beginnings. When I started playing PSU, I met a group of players of my same nationality, and one of them had named his four characters after some Magic: The Gathering characters. One of them was a chubby robot named "Frankie Peanuts", after one of these cards too (this if you're interested), and at some point some people in our group started making jokes about making an army of "Peanuts". So I made a copy of that character in black and called it "Darkie Peanuts" after that character and my own nick. Over time, I ended distancing my character from that one, adding some backstory related to my playtime in Spore, and making the character more unique. In PSU he was a Protranser, and now in PSO2 is a Ranger (possibly going Gunner/Ranger when I level him up enough).

I don't know.

Only the character name "Matt" has anything to do with anything, and I'm sure anyone could guess why.

Design-wise, I just threw the characters together to what I decided to look nice, and that's it. I spent like 10 minutes in the character creator and have no regrets.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Back when PSO v1 was out, people were spreading rumors that your character ran faster if you were really short and being the dumbass kid I was back then, I believed it. (PSO even to me back then was really slow) so I made a small character and at first I thought it was true but it really wasn't. I stick to that ever since. As for the color, well I don't know. I'm the type of guy that likes plain shit not over designed shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

My characters come from games I like to play. I also use names I like. I plan to reuse some characters from psu on pso2.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Ooooh, fun and interesting topic.

All of my characters aren't based on anything besides gravity, who was my character throughout pso1 dc through gc, xbox(and a very short disappointing time with the first month of psu release)and highly based off of my favorite blazblue character(the current gravity anyway), Terumi/Hazama the biggest troll I have ever seen. Although most of their names are in relation to the original pso which all tie in to a backstory I have going for them. Which is also why I have so many characters, call me crazy for making them 60% strictly for backstory purposes.

While I tried not to make him 100% the same as hazama you can clearly see the resemblence lol I tend like to give my characters a set personality, in gravitys case it would be overly calm and collected to the point you can't tell what he is actually thinking, and yea evil. Similar to hazamas, because yea I love that guys hilarious personality. Despite hardly using this character mostly due to laziness, is still my favorite of the bunch.
    Spoiler!

Then theres the female characters, which I almost always stick to strictly the same look and personality, that being a somewhat tall if possible, strong looking(skinny, short, muscleless girls using giant swords just looks silly to me) badass with an attitude. But I suppose they never have any origin of how they came to be aside from the backstories, the only similaries in any of them are just name references.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlily View Post
    Guess the tall red head with green eyes will be put on the shelf for some time.
    Well, more room for me then! Although it's true that at some point these were everywhere. Nowadays I hardly see any though(might be because I'm playing ALONE, but that's besides the point).

So anyway, yeah, uh, I love green. My basic design choice when I make a female character is long green hair, red eyes(since green goes so well with red). This time around I liked the hunewearl hairstyle a lot more than any other, and green hair didn't feel right with it since well, it's short. So I went with the opposite.
    Other than that, I really made her naturally(doesn't mean it didn't take time, of course). I did end up making the eyes a little too big, also the eyebrows are too close from them and thus the skin around is slightly glitchy when enlighted. That's about it. She's not sexy, or cute, or even strikingly beautiful, so I guess that wasn't what I was aiming for. In any case, I still like her a lot.(no screenshot needed since she's in my sig)

Also Kylva is an original name. Just messed with letters and sounds and ended up with this yeaaaars ago. I use it for my main female characters, preferably if you can be a wind mage in game. Amusingly, while it's possible in PSO 2, I never had any plan to play her as a force, and still don't. Hunter's too much fun.

If I ever am to make an alt, it will be a Racaseal named Flow, in honor of my very first main character(that got beyond level 30 anyway) back in PSOv2 on the Dreamcast. I already made a basic design for her back in beta, which may or may not be the one I end up using(especially with all the new stuff we got since):
    Spoiler!

Simply put, I'm trying to go for the PSO caseal look(read human figure but obviously a robot) as much as possible. It's pretty hard in this game though.

Flow is short for flower; I didn't know it was an english word by itself at the time(coincidence really). Also, the fact that later, the final boss of episode two of PSO 1&2 was named Olga Flow and his weapon the Dark Flow is (also)purely coincidental; having my most advanced yet character's name labelled to something so important felt pretty cool at the time, though.

Also I write too much.

Kasera has existed since a story I wrote when I was an annoying teenager and luckily, most of her physical features transitioned easily over into the world of PSO/PSU/PSP/PSZ/PSO2/Whatever. Like others, she's an idealized version of myself. Taller, stronger, and more capable at things I either am not good at or physically can not accomplish. Not sure where all the green came from though, because my favorite colors are actually purple and black, but I dudded her up in all green and it just seemed to work.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?