Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

The text file by itself is 10,800 lines of text.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    Pfft only 900mb. That's not too bad.
    IT'S A BIG DEAL FOR ME

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    File size was1.74 GB when i compiled it. i was thinking about renting a test server anyways. I may host it on that.

The story is already completely translated http://sun.gmobb.jp/collins/
    It just wasnt until last week when Rappy form psumods contacted me that this finally got put into motion. Agrajag was also gracious enough to lend me his tools so i can editthe game data directly and test it myself.

My progress so far is I've finished chapters 1-4 and successfully written the file and confirm that it works. can probably finish getting all of the story chaptersby.this week end and hopefully the rest of the matter board events in the following week or two.

I will make a new thread when i release it. Im writing it in notepad++ so there are a lot of spelling mistakes. i plan on just having everyone send in error reports for me to revise and fix for following patches.

The reason i wanted to post this here first is because of this thread and the other asking if you'd move your character to th NA version. I was wondering what having the japanese server in full english would contribute to theconversation.
    It contributes a whole lot to me. The main reason I was going to go to NA was because I'd like to know the story. On the other hand, I still want to deal with the jp servers because then I could test my japanese speaking/understanding and kanji while I'm still learning.

So in advance, thanks very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    Okay newbs! Working on the story patch. I think i can finish moving all of the translations i have: chapters 1-8 and all matter board events and compile it inside a week or two (at most).

Spoiler!
    Thank you translating. Now I can get more out of the game <3

Update. Done with the story missions.

No doubt. If you can release finally the eng patch for the story, i don't see one single reason to have to deal with PSO2 NA at all, nor a transfer (plus the kind of people and junk around i expect, as explained. God save me)
    Keep going

Sent the file off to Agrajag, hopefully expect a download in the next couple of days. I'm going to get started on the events in a couple of days once school ends for me.

Is it possible if you could split up the "patch" into parts?

Like:
    -Chapters 1,2,3,4, etc.
    -Message pack/logs (those you find in fields)
    -System tips (if they are translated)
    Misc. Npc dialogue?

It's probably too big for me and i'll most likely get the message packs first.

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

Patch is up

And I'll see about how to distribute it. It's kind of imbalanced. All of the text is 10,882 lines in length. Fully compiled it's 1.74GB. Lines 1-7000 are tutorials, NPC autowords, and things like that. Lines 7,000-10,882 make up the story, and events and take up 1.38 of the 1.74GB because that's where all of the audio files are. So splitting the matter board events, tablet events, chapters 1-4 and then chapter 5-8, I could probably get 4 300MB files. Still I get the sense some people would complain about having to download 4 separate files.

Looking forward to use it