Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sierhiet View Post
    No, but I do recognize blind rage, weak trolling, perpetuating ignorance and a warped fixation on some people wanting to slander the EN release every chance it presents itself. I don't just regurgitate misinformation or fallacies like some blind sheep, and I've experienced the same disservices everyone else with that view has 10 fold.

I'm not even sure why you even bother making a statement every time I say something in defense. If your not going to contribute to the conversation, or ask a legitimate question, than what's the point?
    I do have a legitimate question... What exactly do you mean with "perpetuating ignorance"?

Also, interesting choice of words, "blind sheep", for people who act in a different way than you to those disservices that you've experienced supposedly tenfold (although I wonder what do you mean with that concerning SEGA). One would think that whoever complains about bad services from a company they've been trying to support, is anything but a sheep... Shouldn't that term be applied to those who, even after suffering that ten times over, still try to justify putting your trust in them? =/
    Last edited by Darki; Jan 19, 2013 at 02:49 PM.

Last thing I want is to see all the meseta flood over the NA/EU servers.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    I do have a legitimate question... What exactly do you mean with "perpetuating ignorance"?

Also, interesting choice of words, "blind sheep", for people who act in a different way than you to those disservices that you've experienced tenfold. One would think that whoever complains about bad services is anything but a sheep.... =/
    When I say "perpetuating ignorance" I mean when we get into scuffles such as our incident the other week with the whole TOS Clause, and it not existing. I'm honestly not saying this to spite you personally today, I'm just highlighting the easiest example for you.

In terms of the "blind sheep" statement, I mean just that. It isn't just people who have a different opinion. It's those with an uneducated opinion. We've got a lot of individuals blowing past incidents out proportion, and then we've got others who simply regurgitate what they hear who weren't even there to experience the disservice. Then new players go to PSO2.com, see the pso-world.com link at the footer, and are forwarded here, only to be told some of this. I guarantee you about 80% of those complaining about content, or disservice cannot pinpoint the major issue which killed our servers. PSU for example inparticularly.

When I say "perpetuating ignorance" I mean when we get into scuffles such as our incident the other week with the whole TOS Clause, and it not existing. I'm honestly not saying this to spite you personally today, I'm just highlighting the easiest example for you.
    But it's interesting that you come over to that example again, and I should quote you again when you said just some posts ago that "It's not nearly that black and white, but whatever". Because precisely, we were actually talking about a TOS clause that didn't exist at some point, and that actually existed in previous instances of the franchise but was never enforced. All of it in a conversation about a possible IP ban whose probability of happening you tried to exaggerate as much as we were supposedly exaggerating the negative facts about SEGA's international policies.

Indeed, things usually aren't nearly as black or white.

In terms of the "blind sheep" statement, I mean just that. It isn't just people who have a different opinion. It's those with an uneducated opinion. We've got a lot of individuals blowing past incidents out proportion, and then we've got others who simply regurgitate what they hear who weren't even there to experience the disservice. Then new players go to PSO2.com, see the pso-world.com link at the footer, and are forwarded here, only to be told some of this. I guarantee you about 80% of those complaining about content, or disservice cannot pinpoint the major issue which killed our servers. PSU for example inparticularly.
    I'm sorry, but I don't really see people blowing past events out of proportion that exaggeratedly. Let's talk about PSU, what is out of proportion? Saying that SEGA neglected their support to the western community to the point of being over a year behind content, when the games were released almost simultaneously in all countries? Saying that the quality of the server was as bad as causing players to not being able to log in for periods longer than two weeks when the game was actually P2P and many people lost whole monthly subscriptions waiting for these errors to be fixed? Saying that the community was so "nice" that you could even find people doing some mockery of cyber-sex with emotes, and other niceties of the western behavior? And that all this led to the game being pretty much deserted and abandoned when JP servers were getting another expansion?

In the other hand, you use as an argument your so called "facts", which is your way of absolutely ignoring every subjective argument to this issue because they're not "facts".

You know, I am one of those who experienced this, and I don't really feel like I need to exaggerate anything (other than what a silly discussion might cause in the heat of the argument). But why would it be bad for other members, even if they didn't suffer these "niceties" themselves, to be aware of them and repeat them? It's not like they're lying. New players who are redirected here actually need to know everything that is going on, because they're going to put their money in it. =/

But it's interesting that you come over to that example again, and I should quote you again when you said just some posts ago that "It's not nearly that black and white, but whatever". Because precisely, we were actually talking about a TOS clause that didn't exist at some point, and that actually existed in previous instances of the franchise but was never enforced. All of it in a conversation about a possible IP ban whose probability of happening you tried to exaggerate as much as we were supposedly exaggerating the negative facts about SEGA's international policies.
    The major difference between that and this is at the time of our argument, the TOS Clause did exist. It existed all throughout the Beta. And was gone literally for about a week or so. That was a very clear cut discussion. If you would have stopped for a second from trying to argue with me, and just checked the TOS like I had suggested, that thread wouldn't have exploded. You were inadvertently passing along misinformation because you were indeed misinformed and in effect, perpetuating that misinformation to others.

I could give you another example if you'd prefer.

You know, I am one of those who experienced this, and I don't really feel like I need to exaggerate anything (other than what a silly discussion might cause in the heat of the argument). But why would it be bad for other members, even if they didn't suffer these "niceties" themselves, to be aware of them and repeat them? It's not like they're lying. New players who are redirected here actually need to know everything that is going on, because they're going to put their money in it. =/
    You and I are just going to have to disagree on that. Why in the hell would you want to take information here-say. From someone who did not experience it first hand? The problem is, the vocal majority tends to be the crowd whom love to complain about anything, but as demonstrated by numerous polls within these threads, the informed minority tend to simply keep quiet. So then what happens is, we get a bulk of people complaining about things they know little about just because they enjoy doing so.

EDIT: To answer your questions

Saying that SEGA neglected their support to the western community to the point of being over a year behind content, when the games were released almost simultaneously in all countries?
    Numerous issues which would contribute to this are no longer a factor. Microsoft being one of them? The P2P model being the other. Yet to you, nothing is different with this impending release.

Saying that the quality of the server was as bad as causing players to not being able to log in for periods longer than two weeks when the game was actually P2P and many people lost whole monthly subscriptions waiting for these errors to be fixed?
    You speak as if this lasted throughout the server's existence. It was not. Furthermore, do you know whether or not the JP servers experienced anything similar? I've got numerous email correspondence from them at least supporting their efforts during the issue, albeit it being an overall failure. Nothing really could have been done that we know of.

Saying that the community was so "nice" that you could even find people doing some mockery of cyber-sex with emotes, and other niceties of the western behavior? And that all this led to the game being pretty much deserted and abandoned when JP servers were getting another expansion?
    This happens everywhere at the same velocity.
    Last edited by Sierhiet; Jan 19, 2013 at 04:03 PM.

The major difference between that and this is at the time of our argument, the TOS Clause did exist. It existed all throughout the Beta. And was gone literally for about a week or so. That was a very clear cut discussion. If you would have stopped for a second from trying to argue with me, and just checked the TOS like I had suggested, that thread wouldn't have exploded. You were inadvertently passing along misinformation because you were indeed misinformed and in effect, perpetuating that misinformation to others.

I could give you another example if you'd prefer.
    The thread didn't really "explode" because of it since it had "exploded" already. I did apologize for that mistake for my part, but that doesn't make the whole discussion moot, since not all the discussion was centered on that mistake. =/

You and I are just going to have to disagree on that. Why in the hell would you want to take information here-say. From someone who did not experience it first hand? The problem is, the vocal majority tends to be the crowd whom love to complain about anything, but as demonstrated by numerous polls within these threads, the informed minority tend to simply keep quiet. So then what happens is, we get a bulk of people complaining about things they know little about just because they enjoy doing so.
    You know, we're talking about internet. If you take hearsay from many sources about a game you might be interested in, would you take that hearsay as the only information about? I don't see that difficult to come here and ask (even among the shitstorm you can see objective information), and even find gaming blogs that still have some of these stuff in their archives. But the fact that there is so much hearsay about it might also indicate that there was something going on, too. Considering anybody who starts in this franchise stupid enough to take all that as God's word and innocent enough as to not be aware of people's usual behavior in internet is not really a good idea.

This hearsay originated simply because SEGA fucked up their game, so if you want it to stop then pray against the odds that they don't fuck up the next one and they actually make it good enough so the hearsay is positive. Because vocal majority not only complain about everything, but they over-exaggeratedly praise anything they like, and PSO is a clear example of it with its hordes of nostalgia zombies still comparing PSO with any of the world's seven wonders (and if you want another example go to DeviantArt and click any photography featuring boobs - hell, go to the fashion thread and dare to complain about last trend of showing character's asses).

I don't see why someone who has heard of how fucked up the US PSU servers were from another player shouldn't in turn tell his/her pals this information. Not like it's not truth, anyways.
    Last edited by Darki; Jan 19, 2013 at 04:09 PM.

I don't see why someone who has heard of how fucked up the US PSU servers were from another player shouldn't in turn tell his/her pals this information. Not like it's not truth, anyways.
    Your missing my point. It's not a problem when people share what they've heard, as information they've heard. It's a problem when people speak on this information as if they were there and perpetuate it when they were not. These people aren't speaking from experience. It's not even an opinion at that point. It's simply regurgitation.

I don't see many people claiming that they "suffered" SEGA's misgivings when they didn't. Care to give an example? =/ because simply assuming that they're acting as they lived it without them specificly saying so and you knowing it's wrong, would be a bit too fast assumption from your part.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it would be a first in gaming history if they did that. No other company in the MMO business has allowed cross region transfer(the few that have regional servers). I know one in particular that wanted something like that, but there were excuses on why it wasn't possible(name database server stuff).

I think its possible, they just have to want to go through the effort of creating such a system.

considering that you can save cosmetic information of your character in a separate file, and that they should be perfectly able to modify character levels and other parameters, it'd be 100% possible. But the strongest argument about it would be to my eyes that the fact that the US server would be in an earlier level of updates could make the process a real hassle.