Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Magus_84 View Post
    It's point-expensive and I'm hoping the eventual skill tree update that gives us PP Restorate 2 (and whatever other stuff) has things that are more worthwhile.

My techer's not high enough to have it yet, but it strikes me as kind of expensive for what it does.

Also, I really hate melee, and Hunter is level 1 on my FO.

None of the above are good reasons, of course.
    um...you realize that even being able to regen 10PP/s (that is if/when we get PP restorate 2, because right now it's only 7 for what is ALSO point expensive and far less impressive) is still not enough to keep up with spamming techs beyond wind and bolt techs with PP save? People who spec fire tree kill their meter at phenomenal speeds and an extra 2PP/sec just isn't going to help AT ALL. PP convert on the other hand turns your PP meter into something wonderful. even full flame tech s charge can't keep up with higher level PP converts. 30 seconds of non-stop teching and you can do this every 90 seconds. it's a longer PB you can do every minute and a half and it's one of the only real reasons to sub techer as a force. If you're not going to take PP convert you really need to sub fi because without that rapid PP gain you're better off doing 44-69% additional damage.

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    um...you realize that even being able to regen 10PP/s (that is if/when we get PP restorate 2, because right now it's only 7 for what is ALSO point expensive and far less impressive) is still not enough to keep up with spamming techs beyond wind and bolt techs with PP save? People who spec fire tree kill their meter at phenomenal speeds and an extra 2PP/sec just isn't going to help AT ALL. PP convert on the other hand turns your PP meter into something wonderful. even full flame tech s charge can't keep up with higher level PP converts. 30 seconds of non-stop teching and you can do this every 90 seconds. it's a longer PB you can do every minute and a half and it's one of the only real reasons to sub techer as a force. If you're not going to take PP convert you really need to sub fi because without that rapid PP gain you're better off doing 44-69% additional damage.
    Yes, but at the moment, I mainly use Zan and Zonde/Gizonde/Zondeel. Fire spam with PP Convert would obviously be more damage output, but I don't TA often. This is why most of my suggestions earlier were of the "if you want" variety.

I might eventually level Fi. The damage will be nice, but considering I don't even have Techer fully leveled yet, I dread slogging through 30 levels of Hunter and then enough levels of Fighter to get the necessary skills.

I'm pretty sure ST will release new skills in the current trees before I even get Techer maxed, let alone start grinding through Hunter.

use Xie's CO's man. you can gain several levels a day on classes like that using Xie and a few other COs. even after you break 30, you can still gain 1-2 levels this way until 40.

Anyway they're asking about a fo/te build and to advise against PP convert is to advise against the main benefit of running Te sub.

Is Territorial Burst really worth getting? It only increases range by x1.5

1 point is very yes. 90 second uptime on 120 cooldown. 1.5x range might not sound like much on paper, but it's fantastic on Zondeel at the very least. Assuming you keep Shifta up full time (and you should) it means you'll more likely be hitting others with it too, even if you don't consciously try to. I wouldn't really bother putting more than one point in to it personally though.

Ya but takes 3 points to get, including the 1 point in it.

Those 3 points could boost damage...

Ehh, will use my first skill tree to try it out.
    Last edited by Asirae; Jan 23, 2013 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asirae View Post
    Thanks for the build suggestions, I kind of like the Tech Advance build, or as you said "Avoid Force Elements" build.

Made a few tweaks as I like to spam Bolt attacks as much as Flame, so I maxed out Bolt PP Save instead of Flame Charge. Put Just Reversal on Techer to have another point in Bolt Mastery.

I was considering putting more points in Wind Mastery and not getting Territorial Burst, but it just seem like something necessary to get.

I'm only 32/30 Fo/Te so I don't have much experience but figured this would still be a good build for my style.

Whatcha think, good?

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...fdsI2J24Q50007

When I'm 50 I might give Fo/Fi a chance and see how the damage compares.
    Yeah, I had that in mind when creating the Force side. Don't touch the Tech Advances, but choose between maxed Flame S Charge for faster Shifta, or maxed Bolt PP Save for Zondeel. And if you use Zondeel a lot, Territory Burst will help you more than 3% more Wind damage. But if you really don't want it, you can take the extra point out of Wind Mastery and another from either Just Reversal or Wand Gear to max out Light Mastery. Or just put 3 more into PP Convert.

greetings any update on this build?

1 years and 6 months necro, this thread is 100% irrelevant to today's FO gameplay.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    I hope you don't mean maxing out the prereqs, because none of them are worth maxing (unless you want to spec Light).

Anyway, I suppose I'll link to the skill tree builder because I have ads blocked.

"Burn Baby Burn" Build

"Flame on" Build

"All Elements" Build

"I'm going to go out of my way to avoid Force's elements without shooting my foot straight clean off" Build (Wind focus) (Light focus) (Dark focus)

"Support" Build (Full support variant, but I almost feel guilty linking this)

And obviously don't get Wand Gear if you're not maining Techer.
    Can u link these in PSO2 skill simulator? Would be highly grateful, cuz these links expired long time ago :x