Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default I'm mad at SOA already

As an english player of PSU I was sad to see it go, but I was at least hopeful to hear they were making PSO2. I would have liked to be able to play PSU up until the release of the new game, but as usual the English players were treated far worse by Sega than the Japanese players.

However, I still had hope for this game thinking that with a new game came the opportunity for new and (hopefully) better service. So I've been waiting this whole time with the only information being givin was that the game would come out in 2013. I've patiently waited and now it's here and there's absolutely no new updates? Even something as vague as it will come out in early Spring or something would be better than this.

And I don't understand why I'm waiting this long anyway when apparently translating the game doesn't take that long since fans have already done it on their own. And I thought, (correct me if I'm wrong) that everyone around the world would be playing the same game together. So what else is there to do but translate it?

tl;dr, I feel like I'm being treated badly and over-looked by Sega (yet again) and this game isn't even out yet.

SoA sucks at marketing, that's pretty clear, but they're probably getting jack-shit support from SoJ too. There's a decent chance SoA knows about as much as we do at this point. Given how much SoA has been slashed recently, they probably only have a very small team assigned to the US PSO2 rollout.

In my opinion the majority of the blame probably should lie with SoJ.

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    There's a decent chance SoA knows about as much as we do at this point.
    They have to know more than us though, since they're the ones handling the translation, and planning the changes to the cash shop, things like that.
    There's also the possibility that the decision to not give news about the game could come from SoA's management too, back when SoJ had control of the Facebook page, they did try to address english speaking players there by posting occasionally in (broken) english.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

I've been supporting Sega since I was a kid. While everyone had an Nes I was that kid with a Master System. I played PS1, P2-P4 on Genesis, pre ordered the Saturn, Dreamcast. Played all PSO games on DC, Xbox and GCN. Hell I even got the crappy card game. Not to mention PSU for ps2 and PC. I also got the portables psp1, psp2 and PS0. That's not even mentioning the long ass list of other Sega games I've purchased over the years. 26 years of support for this company but I'm done. Square Enix and Blizzard don't mind taking my money. If FF14 realm reborn works as great as it looks well they'll be getting my support. Take some notes from Square Enix, they allow players from Japan and NA to coexist and it has worked. Blizzard has simultaneous game releases worldwide and doesn't keep it's overseas fans waiting. These companies among others make Sega look like shit and it makes me even wonder why I was so patient with them..

Apparently what is keeping them busy is converting the micro-transaction aspect into the Western market rather than translation itself. When you think about it, it makes sense that this alone be taking them a fair share of time over translation since we honestly couldn't have PSO2 in its current state with the current ''prices'' (as much as many here are perfectly fine as they are since they are operating through the Japanese version of the game).

Isn't the AC Scratch technically illegal here for people younger than 18?

What exactly is time-consuming of that process? I understand that it might not be something to be done in a single manager meeting, but... over 4 months for that? o_O

There's translation, voice acting, server testing, working out a solution to the scratch, bug testing, marketing (lol) and other stuff they need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by terrell707 View Post
    Isn't the AC Scratch technically illegal here for people younger than 18?
    not realy, Starwars the old republic has a gambling tab in the cartel market, And let's not forget about pokemon (though it dosn't use REAL money it's still gambling). i'm sure that AC Scratch is just fine.

Made by Gama.

Pokemon Platinum had the game corner removed in EU countries due to gambling laws.

So... yeah.