Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

All this bananza is leading me to think they're wasting their time adding dr. robotnik to vardha.

And adding in planet wisp.

What am i thinking.

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

Quote Originally Posted by Syklo View Post
    All this bananza is leading me to think they're wasting their time adding dr. robotnik to vardha.

And adding in planet wisp.

What am i thinking.
    Dr Robotnik controlling Big Vardha? a must want indeed. after that fight is battle phase 2 with the DeathEgg

Come on guys we all know the Rappies are behind everything

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Dr Robotnik controlling Big Vardha? a must want indeed. after that fight is battle phase 2 with the DeathEgg
    Change over!
    Code: Softboil!

Lol moved to dead horse society.
    Last edited by Syklo; Jan 24, 2013 at 08:48 PM.

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    they just spent 25mill buying another company from THQ, whats makes you think they have cash to make PSO2 for the US/EU still?
    The only reason they would possibly make a purchase of that magnitude would be if they both believed they would profit from it, as well as safely make the investment.

It should also be noted that Sega made $512 million in the 2011 fiscal year. A $25 million expenditure, while still sizable, is nowhere near enough to cripple the company and prevent them from launching a title like PSO2 internationally.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

This is pretty much my thoughts exactly while working on the patch. Right now I've been working for about 8-9 hours a day for the last several days at a really hard pace to try and get this content out as soon as possible.

For translation there are about 2 files both with 11,000 lines of text in them. The one currently used for the english patch which has most of the game's common text in it enemies, weapons, npc chat. Things like that. The file I'm working on has all of the npc story text, which is has the tutorials, client orders, story, message pack and things like that. Working on it at a normal work pace maybe 2-3 hours a day of actual work (like in a company) would probably take 3-4 month, maybe an extra month for editing and proof reading.

I'm also kind of a web programmer. For a web application, it's depends on what you're working on. But again depending on the time maybe 4 months to half a year with time for testing and things like that.

So what I pretty much means is
    3-4 months: really motivated company who knows their shit
    5-6 months: decent company they can make it happen
    7-8 months: sub par company but still barely passing
    9+ months: Sega

Before anyone get's on my case about that, I'm being sarcastic. Mostly what I think SoA is failing to do is this case is communicate with their audience about what's going on. Sakai was on before the beta telling players what problems their team was facing, how they were going about them and how long they would likely take. And people had no problems cooperating.

After almost a year of being out, SoA has had pretty much zero press releases, zero responses to people on facebook, zero presence in these forums, zero tweets, and zero information divulged about how far they are along and how long they expect to take. What that tells me is that even if this game comes out, you have no idea how seriously they're going to take their jobs. That's why I've been working so hard for everyone to have another option to playing this game as to not get fucked over, and the fact that I've done this alone in the span of a week when SoA can't do shit over the course of a year? SoA needs to go fuck themselves.
    Last edited by Kion; Jan 27, 2013 at 08:34 AM.

The fault lies with all branches of Sega. Blaming just SoA is incredibly naive and unjustifiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    After almost a year of being out, SoA has had pretty much zero press releases, zero responses to people on facebook, zero presence in these forums, zero tweets, and zero information divulged about how far they are along and how long they expect to take. What that tells me is that even if this game comes out, you have no idea how seriously they're going to take their jobs. That's why I've been working so hard for everyone to have another option to playing this game as to not get fucked over, and the fact that I've done this alone in the span of a week when SoA can't do shit over the course of a year? SoA needs to go fuck themselves.
    This is a pretty dumb way of looking at it, and pretty childish. Especially given that all of Sakai's support and communication has been to and for his intended Japanese audience for a game that is being developed in and for consumption by their own country.

Sega of America's lack of communication, advertising, or promotion of any sort likely comes from the fact that they have probably next to nothing they CAN relate other than "We're translating stuff, guys!", either because they don't know much more OR because Sega of Japan hasn't given them proper clearance to speak about anything, or permission and funding to get word of PSO2's impending release out there. The only people that can say for sure are the people that are actually there working on the project, and in all likelihood they can't say much anyway.

Sega of Japan and Sega of America have had a long-standing rift that's persisted since the Genesis/Saturn eras and continues to affect the company as a whole today in terms of how it relates to the fans as well as their entire company. Both Sega of Japan and Sega of America need to grow the fuck up and get along, putting petty "rivalries" of the past behind them in order to actually feasibly appease both audiences.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    This is a pretty dumb way of looking at it, and pretty childish. Especially given that all of Sakai's support and communication has been to and for his intended Japanese audience for a game that is being developed in and for consumption by their own country.

Sega of America's lack of communication, advertising, or promotion of any sort likely comes from the fact that they have probably next to nothing they CAN relate other than "We're translating stuff, guys!", either because they don't know much more OR because Sega of Japan hasn't given them proper clearance to speak about anything, or permission and funding to get word of PSO2's impending release out there. The only people that can say for sure are the people that are actually there working on the project, and in all likelihood they can't say much anyway.

Sega of Japan and Sega of America have had a long-standing rift that's persisted since the Genesis/Saturn eras and continues to affect the company as a whole today in terms of how it relates to the fans as well as their entire company. Both Sega of Japan and Sega of America need to grow the fuck up and get along, putting petty "rivalries" of the past behind them in order to actually feasibly appease both audiences.
    There's plenty of things SoA could be posting in their blogs and gaming websites for advertising other than just "we're translating stuff".
    They could do video trailers introducing the areas that will be available (like they did for Sonic 4 Episode 1), do trailers introducing the 3 types of gameplay, stuff like that.
    There's also things that they should talk about eventually, like how the cash shop will work in the english version, if it'll have english voice acting and what voice actors they will use for different characters, how much content will be available at the beginning, if the english version will have any sort of public testing, and so on...
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    There's plenty of things SoA could be posting in their blogs and gaming websites for advertising other than just "we're translating stuff".
    They could do video trailers introducing the areas that will be available (like they did for Sonic 4 Episode 1), do trailers introducing the 3 types of gameplay, stuff like that.
    There's also things that they should talk about eventually, like how the cash shop will work in the english version, if it'll have english voice acting and what voice actors they will use for different characters, how much content will be available at the beginning, if the english version will have any sort of public testing, and so on...
    They could, but the likely possibility is that Sega of Japan either isn't letting them or hasn't provided them with resources to produce such content. Content doesn't magically appear out of thin air. It requires resources and time, and if SoJ hasn't given SoA any, then their hands are tied to just doing the job they've been given.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?