Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

No. Stop making this thread people.

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    only reason to get consoles nowadays is for the few games that don't make it to PC. This is slowly becoming a select few IPs that are console exclusive. As the trend continues we'll likely see consoles become less prominent and eventually fall to the wayside. Even fighting games are starting to become common on PC, where dlc and patches are a bit easier to administer (once again, no/fewer fees to the service provider) and more fluid game play on even entry level gaming PCs.

A lot of people I know mainly use their consoles for netflix and only rarely for gaming.
    This is more complicated if you're a nintendo fan though. On that matter, I find it funny how, as time goes on, people are trying harder and harder to convince themselves that Zelda games aren't worth playing.

Otherwise if you have a small group of friends to play with regularly, console local multiplayer is still the best. This is especially true for fighting games, so wether or not they're on PC too is unimportant to me.

So, uh, am I surprised...? No.

only reason to get consoles nowadays is for the few games that don't make it to PC.
    Few? You mean like 90% of all Japanese IPs?

I don't really play many western games. I got this laptop solely for PSO2.

consoles aren't as big in japan and they have to pay money for every patch they do. not worth their time.
    This might change, patches on nintendo eshop are free for devs, so I guess sony and MS will follow soon making it free. What i'm not sure is, if they have to go though quality checks first before they are allowed to release patches. Obviously If they do, it will just slow everything down for people on the PC version.
    Simple multiplayer games like monhun or CoD works on consoles because the game doesn't change over time, but something like pso2, that keeps evolving, is tough to pull off on consoles, unless it has huge and steady financial backing over its lifecycle.

edit: actually i think nintendo's free patching offer for devs, is only for developers publishing titles themselves on eshop. Not 100% sure.
    Last edited by Husq; Jan 25, 2013 at 06:58 AM.
    PSO2 characters:
    Ship 10: Huq (HU:70, RA:70, FO:70, FI:70, GU:70, TE:70, BR:70)
    Ship 02: Rizzla (HU:65, RA:40, FO:18, FI:65, GU:10, TE:00, BR:65)

Not surprised. It was a major contributor to the slow content issue in previous installments.

Quote Originally Posted by Googlebonker View Post
    Want to use a Wii U screen and stylus to scratch off a card?
    No. I don't want to use the Wii U for anything except fireplace kindling.

I won the Nobel prize for texting while on duty Ithildin's Avatar

If you want to play on a console, go and play a console game. Monster Hunter for example. It is a far better game than Sega has come up with for years.
    Click On Banner

The Vita version's not even out yet-- better make another console thread!
    megaoka | Kaz | Ship 2

One thing I'm considering is Angry Birds. A goofy little iPhone app and its characters have sequels, a PC game, the XBox360 trilogy, toys, candy, and apparel.

If you're in this to make money and your product was well-received or received in a manner that exceeded even geeky fanboys' expectations, why not make as much money as possible?

Of course, we are talking about the SEGA that broke up PSU into three sets of servers and then paid seemingly MUCH more attention to one set than the other two.

You're comparing quite possibly the most popular casual game series ever to a F2P MMO. Angry Birds is also a whole hell of a lot simpler to port.