Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

A warcraft action game by Platinum games. I want to see Thrall just go 100% Goel on people.

Gimme a unreal tournament or quake 3 arena type game with dat super crazy japanese weirdness please

Quote Originally Posted by .Rusty. View Post
    Gimme a unreal tournament or quake 3 arena type game with dat super crazy japanese weirdness please
    Unreal Championship 2 came awfully close. That was, by far, the game that tried to do that, to some success. Too bad the community for it was too small to sustain it. It was inspired more from insane chinese special effect combat movies though. The live action ones where they fly through the air doing crazy fighting in them.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

So far I'm seeing "Turn Game X into a spectacle fighter from Platinum because there's nothing better the Japs can achieve!"

Is anyone else getting this vibe?
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    So far I'm seeing "Turn Game X into a spectacle fighter from Platinum because there's nothing better the Japs can achieve!"

Spectacle fighter? No, nothing of the sort.

Rather, a lot of people are duly recognizing that, as far as action games go, Platinum is pretty much the best there is currently. At least for modern styles of action games - they're pretty much the Treasure of modern-style (rather than old-school) action games, and just because there's a layer of spectacle thrown on top for good measure, does not mean that it is the reason people think their games are good.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post

I don't even have any hype left about PlatinumGames in me after seeing the gameplay videos of MGR. So much for "former directors of DMC, Viewtiful Joe and Okami". They seem to rank about the same as Ninja Theory to me.

Guess it takes something other than a company name or a nationality to make a good game.

Did you try playing the demo?

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."