Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Green Coloured Reflection LinkKD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Nova View Post
    4/10 for me. The lobby music is horrible so the game loses half its points right there since the end-game is and always will be the lobby. It also loses another point for being extremely grindy and having no real progression (I.E. do forest 6-7 times unlock volcano). Finally my last complaint is all the artifical content which is kinda hand in hand with the progression problem.... but anyways, yeah having to level each class to 30 to unlock each secondary class isn't really filling in for the lack of content SEGA. (Not to mention that you can't even gain exp on your secondary class while playing your primary T.T)
    I'd personally say that there is so much WRONG in this post that I dont even know where to start pointing it out...

1 - Lobby music changes quite oftenly, if you're going to claim they ALL suck, then your music taste is thoroughly restricted.

2 - I have no idea what twisted fked up logic you use to conclude that the end-game is the lobby, that makes absolute no sense at ALL...you're actually weird if you spend your end-game time in the lobby, and it's a choice of yours, not a general rule.

3 - being grindy? artificial content?...you DO realize this is a MMO right? name me a few others MMOs that are less grindy than PSO2 and I'll be impressed, lol.

4 - lack of content? <_> one of the reasons I feel lazy about playing PSO2 is how many things I can actually do in the game...I haven't ever seen a game that updates content so oftenly as PSO2 did in the past year...there isn't lack of content, you're just ignoring a big chunk of what the game has to offer, or you just have TOO MUCH free time in your hands.

Erhm...well. I suppose opinions are opinions though =w=''

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    8.5 I'd love to give it higher but some of the free to play stuff and rng needs to be fixed. Still a good game though
    What Thing said pretty much sums it up...it's a good game overall, just all the f2p/MMO system hurts it. But I dont expect it to change, unfortunately.

Spoiler containing my opinions about MMO/f2p system:
    Spoiler!

How to enjoy MMOs: Less Numbers, More People

Link KD @Deviantart / @Youtube / MY YOUMU VIDEO, WATCH IT !1!

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    2/10 dum dum
    why even play it if you think this? -_-

Elite Masterforce Soloist Midori Oku's Avatar

6/10

-Character customization
    -Boss battles are much more epic in my opinion
    -Being able to jump and evade
    -Being able to just attack techs
    -Getting EXP even if you do not tag the enemy

Dislikes:

-The PP system, it was so much better in PSO/PSU. The lack of Monofluids, Difluids, and Trifluids kills it for me. I like being able to spam techs.
    -Grinding, oddly enough I liked PSU's grinding system better. >_____________>
    -Affixing can suck my ass!
    -The skill tree bullshit, GAS was far better
    -The lack of lobbies like PSU had. I don't want to just be on a Arks/Camp ship.

Overall, I like PSU far more than PSO2. I would give PSU a 8-9/10, just cause it still has its flaws, but it suited me better than PSO2. It's a personal preference really.
    Last edited by Midori Oku; Jan 28, 2013 at 07:39 AM.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midori Oku View Post
    6/10

-Character customization
    -Boss battles are much more epic in my opinion
    -Being able to jump and evade
    -Being able to just attack techs
    -Getting EXP even if you do not tag the enemy

Dislikes:

-The PP system, it was so much better in PSO/PSU. The lack of Monofluids, Difluids, and Trifluids kills it for me. I like being able to spam techs.
    -Grinding, oddly enough I liked PSU's grinding system better. >_____________>
    -Affixing can suck my ass!
    -The skill tree bullshit, GAS was far better
    -The lack of lobbies like PSU had. I don't want to just be on a Arks/Camp ship.

Overall, I like PSU far more than PSO2.
    This. The Arks lobby looks so bland. Even the guardians colony looked fucking better than this.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Midori Oku View Post
    6/10
    Dislikes:

In this game by the time you stop and finish a mate drinking animation you would have naturally restored the amount of PP a monofluid would have given you in this game, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rien View Post
    In this game by the time you stop and finish a mate drinking animation you would have naturally restored the amount of PP a monofluid would have given you in this game, lol.
    Well not if you had 2900TP+ like a FOney had on PSO :]

---

For now, I'd give the game a 5/10.

Like:

- Character Customization
    - Overall smoothness of the gameplay, despite servers being in Japan and me being in Europe (so ~300ms latency). Also solid 60 FPS even with an average PC, no client crash (at least for me).
    - The "PSO" feeling, good sequel to the original game
    - Musics/SFX
    - The emergency quests concept
    - Having a skill tree/being forced to make choices regarding the character development

Dislike:

- Unsecured environment. Like PSO, PSO:BB and PSU, SEGA fails once again to maintain its online titles secure. Gameguard blows, anyone can just be invincible, have infinite PP and speedhack. No server checks are being done. This wouldn't happen on a proper triple A MMO.

- Way too grindy past level 40 (you still EXP in the same area/difficulty level, yet the curve is steep). Same problem with SEGA since PSU, they release content little by little which forces them to have a very steep EXP curve once the original release "max level" is reached. The way PSO:BB was handled was better.

- Lobbies are bland. PSU was better for that. Traveling from planet to planet was fun and having different environments was better.

- Trading/shops should be free. I'm fine with the rest being premium content though. I'd be ok to pay for trading/shops if it was a one time fee. (i.e: purchase a copy of the game at ~$40 and unlock trading/shops for ever)
    Last edited by Antipika; Jan 28, 2013 at 07:14 AM.

9/10 - The potential PSO2 has.
    5/10 - How that potential is being used.

Gameplay is solid, the community is okay but the F2P model is appalling.

7/10 overall

6/10 - As it is right now
    8-9/10 - What it could potentially be

Pros:
    + Character Customization
    + Battle and Combat

Cons:
    - The RNG is bullshit: http://puu.sh/1RMfQ
    - Far too instanced. In lobby, or in field.
    - Gameguard

Both:
    Level Curve becomes steep beyond level 45. However, all content currently is readily available at level 40; with Advanced Quests in the future needing level 45. You're not forced to reach level cap; albeit the 10 extra SP is nice to have.

7/10
    Good overall, but it could be better. Give us some quests where we can't have an infinite number of spawns for 4 hours, just progress to the end, and give us some clear boxes like in PSU.

Also, I miss the Zonde in PSU. It looked great, and it was linear. ;_;