View Poll Results: Do YOU want roleplay on PSO2?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure! Sounds fun!

37 54.41%
  • Eh, not sure...

14 20.59%
  • No, too many abuse it for 'adult' reasons.

17 25.00%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Meji View Post
    I surely wouldn't mind RP'ing some, but having PSO2 be as fast-paces as it is I believe it's kind of hard not to go OOC.
    This is very true. I figured it'd be more done in the lobby or among friends. Something just to kill the time when you need a break from the grind, but still something to let you interact in a way that you're still playing a game of sorts.

I know I use to RP on PSO: BB and PSU, but it was few and far between heh.
    Ship 2
    Player Name: Aelear
    Character Name: Kuronen
    Timezone: CST (GMT - 6:00)
    Ship 2 Roleplayers List

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

I've taken part in a few RPs, but not in PSO2. Closest I really do anymore is the story I'm currently writing in the Fan Works section. I couldn't really find anyone interested, plus I'm kinda busy now-a-days.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

I've got a friend who actively stays in character, but she'll go ooc if we've got an upcoming emergency mission or something. It's also amusing to engage her into an RP despite me not giving Hawk a backstory. I haven't seen anybody but her roleplay, but there's gotta be someone else out there who would RP. :3

Taka always roleplayed and became team mascot for it

Quote Originally Posted by Rien View Post
    It doesn't matter, in the ARKS you will always be the weakest character, lol.

Roleplay does happen among some JP teams though.
    Role play happens hard for some JP player. I was in the lobby right before Falz and two player dressed exactly like Oza and Kasura ran around the lobby RPing back and forth.

"What an emergency mission?"
    "It's a direct order from Legias, I guess we don't have a choice"
    "Legias, of the six pillars of Arks? He doesn't even bother wearing a tie"
    "I know, talk about being a bad ass."

Right before Kasura ran into the mission, "Clarisa, why is that here? It's supposed to be lost". I lol'd. I really respect people who get into the story and the characters enough to be able to ad lib stuff of this caliber.

Spoiler!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronen View Post
    Just curious, I'm coming over from TERA Online (Celestial Hills) and was wondering if people on PSO2 still actively RPed.

And no, no I don't mean ERP. I've already seen 'hentai' named characters so I'm pretty sure THAT goes on...

But what I mean is like, making a story for your character, building friendships and maybe rivals, etc.

Thanks!
    Celestial Hills? "Hentai" named? O_o... HAHAHAHAAAHAAHAA! I *AM* Hentai of Celestial Hills! Darn, what are the odds of running into someone from CH of Tera and mentions me on a PSO forum! :3

But yeah, roleplaying would be fantastic idea in pso2. Though I've not any particular luck convincing people of it 6-7 months ago when I last played Pso2~

Also, what might your character's name be in CH? I might know you!

Enforcer of Evil™

Just as in 2012, I'd love to, though the only person who ever contacted me... Disappeared some days after (it was quite some months ago).

Also there were some people RPing in ship 10 apparently, no idea if they're still active, but afaik, it's pretty much dead in terms on RP on ship 2 (sadly).
    PSO2 Ship 2 : オゲラウン ("ogeraun"), caseal HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO/SU75. Have a good time.
    Also, team leader of exceRPt, the semi-RP team.

I was thinking about looking into TERA once it went F2P... But after my beloved City of Heroes went F2P, it was nearing its doom. Doom, I say!

But to stay on topic, the most RPing I can really do with my characters in-game stems from auto-words that display when things happen. E-Trials, Low HP, being healed, being revived, finding rares, etc. I do like how you can have multiple sayings for each action, so it doesn't repeat the same line over and over again.

I don't lobby RP much at all, but I've responded in-character once or twice with Holly (from Large Characters - the Thread), when someone makes a comment about her weight. Because it inevitably happens.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

I'll try giving RPing a shot. Not sure what a mixed gender Caseal would play like but I have been trying to come up with something but I get carried away AFKing with Ezo.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    Role play happens hard for some JP player. I was in the lobby right before Falz and two player dressed exactly like Oza and Kasura ran around the lobby RPing back and forth.

"What an emergency mission?"
    "It's a direct order from Legias, I guess we don't have a choice"
    "Legias, of the six pillars of Arks? He doesn't even bother wearing a tie"
    "I know, talk about being a bad ass."

Right before Kasura ran into the mission, "Clarisa, why is that here? It's supposed to be lost". I lol'd. I really respect people who get into the story and the characters enough to be able to ad lib stuff of this caliber.

Spoiler!
    Haha I actually know those guys. They invited me to their falz MPA where it was full of people RPing NPCs.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.