Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default Maybe we should do a build sticky?

Ok so now that I've had some time, this is at least going to be the start of the proposed sticky. I'll remake this later to be a bit more official looking but for now, this is what I'm doing. Basically The purpose of this is to offer a list of builds and recommendations for people looking for help in an attempt to consolidate the questions into one thread and at the same time reduce the number of redundant or repetitive threads asking for build advice, build ratings and and general skill tree information.

I will be adding to this as information is made available and as the game progresses. Not all builds are my own and I will do my best to give credit to the people who post builds that I move to this OP. Please bear in mind that not all builds will make it here. The main reason for this is that some builds may be WIPs or simply not something that most people will benefit from. It's my hope that we can eventually get all class combinations on here with at least one viable build for each.

So to start things off -

My Fo/Te build
    Spoiler!

Credit goes to Seravi Edalborez for this section:

This covers information for GU/RA (2 variations) and RA/TE. Many elements overlap so until you hit a specific linked build, all sections are tailored to some part of each build. Open to questions, criticisms, suggestions, or pointing out anything obvious I might have missed.

Update 1 - Jan 30th 2013: Added section to skills noting which are not worth investing into.

-----
    Photon Art / Tech breakdown
    Spoiler!

-----
    Weapon/Unit choices + affixes:
    Spoiler!

-----
    Skill breakdown
    Spoiler!

-----
    Build 1 - GU/RA Automate Deadline
    Spoiler!

Build 2 - GU/RA High Offensive
    Spoiler!

Build 3 - RA/TE Dedicated Support
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by SociableTyrannosaur; Jan 31, 2013 at 09:08 PM.

Of course there should be a sticky. it won't change all the new topics but it will slow it down and help people who are willing to seek it out.

Would this cover a no-questions-asked skeleton build for each tree?

I can only really speak comfortably for Ranger and Gunner trees.

Of course provide strong suggestions like
    -Just Reversal only needed once between main and sub
    --Gunner has invisible "free" Just Reversal
    -Step Attack only needed once between Hunter and Fighter (unless you aren't pairing the two)
    -Bolt PP Save
    -Chain Trigger + Finish
    -Territory Burst
    -I don't know how I'd advise SP investment in Hunter/Fighter stances.

Or would it be better to just list specific builds, like Flash Guard Hunter vs (standard) offensive Hunter, and every other class's little variations.

HU-36 FI-48 RA-50 GU-50 FO-35 TE-36

Skeleton builds are the key then you can add what you personally run with with why you do so. Hell have some videos with those things would help greatly. Sometimes you have to show people why this works rather than with words.

I'd actually like to do both. The thing is we'd have to explain the purpose behind each one at least a little and include information like what you listed since while to some of us it's just plain common sense, not everyone is aware of it all.

But yes aside from skeleton builds, I'd like to have at least a Fo/Te, Fo/Fi, Gu/Ra and Fi/Hu Build listed with how the class plays and a recommended mag with stats. Might be a little ambitious, but I'd like to get something on here that can help reduce the number of "rate my build" "build advice" and "what should my skill tree look like for this class?" threads

It can work with a good set of people each contributing to what they know. Then it can be built up from there.

I thought my first post suggested this very thing.

Well then you can get to work on that with a template and request a sticky when the template is up. I'd help but I don't know enough to be helpful aside from my own build.

This was a call to arms, so to speak. No need to tell me what I already know, thanks.

Just suggestions. Although a better call to arms is to start it