Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Poubelle View Post
    No point? What about building hype and keeping fans informed instead of in the dark?
    Which Sega are you talking about?

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poubelle View Post
    No point? What about building hype and keeping fans informed instead of in the dark?
    Yeeeeaaaah.... Sega is that shady looking guy in a dark ally with goods also as the others have said when news about the international release is unveiled you can bet your butt it'll be posted on the front page but if you're antsy you could always try getting past the hiragana capchas just to play the game for now, play on one of many fan made things I got in trouble with talkinv about in the past (Thanks for keeping me in check all these years Mike and Ketchup), play other games or Live Life <3

All in all, if it comes to advertising Phantasy Star anything, in the west, Pso-world has done much more than SEGA has for a good number of years. Want Phantasy Star news, come here, not Sega US. Been like that since the early 2000s.

Only in Japan does Sega go all out with Phantasy Star promotion. Heck, Capcom's Western Monster Hunter campaign is stronger, though to be fair, they only made such a push starting with Monster Hunter Tri.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Jan 30, 2013 at 02:30 PM.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Quote Originally Posted by Income Taxs View Post
    Do you want constant updates on their bugs and coding progress like some overbearing parent? Honestly I'd get annoyed by the hounding too...
    I'm sure no one was asking for constant updates about the development process like debugging.

Just, you know, something professional like a nod to their fans/customers that the localization is alive and well, and that they haven't been taken over by zombies.

Honestly, going this long without a peep isn't just unprofessional, it's down right insulting.

People. Stop making this thread.

It's a bad game anyway; find something else to play.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    It's a bad game anyway; find something else to play.
    ^this

i came across a small update i guess. i copy and pasted this from
    http://blogs.sega.com/2012/07/09/pha...#comment-85125

comment #191

Step up to the challenge? Mr. Katalio, I’m not sure you’ve actually read anything I’ve said. Just because you say you are throwing down the gauntlet does not mean a gauntlet has been thrown down. That’s not how this works.

First, I can’t answer every question about this game. I’m not a developer and I’m not here to divulge everything about it — I am a community manager and that’s my role; I can talk with you about information we have made public about the game in the West. That’s it. If I did more than that, I would not be working here anymore. So you can call me out all you want, and demand answers, but that doesn’t mean I can give them to you.

Does this make sense? I am not just *choosing* to not tell you what you are asking. We have announced this game and you are demanding a list of specifics we are not ready to discuss. I cannot set the schedule on how to discuss these things — we will discuss everything we can, when we can. That’s not me avoiding the question; that is the actual answer. I am sorry if you don’t like it, but that’s where we are at. You’ll find this is true for every major game from every major publisher.

Second, I literally never said what you are saying I did about free to play. In fact, I said the opposite. Mr. Katalio, please. This is not a political election. Let’s not play that game. Here is what I have said: Free to Play games have changed dramatically even in the past year — major AAA titles are now free to play, and that is the arena one competes in with a F2P title. *In my opinion, it puts the competitive onus entirely on the publisher/developer; a player can leave at any time so to keep something good and compelling, no one can depend on a monthly subscription.*

There is a lot of feeling in the gaming community that subscription games are a license to keep users going from month to month. I don’t feel this way, and customers can and will leave a subscription game if they are not pleased — but that hardly matters what just I think — I understand the sentiment and I see the point. What I have said, multiple times, is that a free to play game means that the game itself has to be up to snuff. It means all those questions about content are such that if the content is not there, then the game has no revenue. No one is hanging on just to see what might happen in another week. They simply go elsewhere, and don’t play, and don’t pay. And the more people do that, the fewer might return even if what they want is added.

In other words, the game needs to be good, and it needs to meet expectations in a reasonable way. We all are aware of PSO2 in Japan and that’s clearly what is setting the expectations, at least in part — my opinion is this is a wonderful game, but of course, you don’t need to take my word for it.

If you want to ignore the answers I have given you, that’s fine, but I am not suddenly going to divulge all details. The game will come out when it comes out and we will do our absolute best to make it something fans are happy with and want to play. That’s our job! And that is my response now. If you want to ask about information we have already discussed, that’s one thing, and I will be happy to discuss that with you. If not, then my answers will not be changing from what I have already given.

Posted by Edward@Sega on December 13th, 2012 at 1:30 pm

so it seem they are still in the testing/closed alpha stage.

The short answer is there has been some news on the PSO-World homepage. Someone posted the link and I haven't been able to find it. I dunno what's going on with SoA and I hope they are working on the game because of how they've been keeping everyone in the dark about the game developement.
    I need to get around to joining the JP hub can't find the information.
    Last edited by Noblewine; Feb 1, 2013 at 01:42 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

No point reporting something until they have something to report