Default Arrest vs Blizzard

Which effect hits more frequent and holds them longer?

I'm not sure which is the better one, but I am sure they stack if you're looking to get the longest possible lock on something. Paralyze something while it's frozen, and it pauses the freeze timer (At least, a freeze trap's freeze effect, unsure on blizzard). I used this trick a lot on pan arms, to kill them before they split.

I would think certain enemies would be more resistant against ice. As far as I know, there is no resistance against paralysis.

Here is another thought, would the Chaos effect be better than Arrest or Blizzard? It last longer and the enemies attack one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett_TD23 View Post
    Here is another thought, would the Chaos effect be better than Arrest or Blizzard? It last longer and the enemies attack one another.
    At 76% success rate, Chaos is lower than Blizzard & Arrest's 80%. Chaos is more beneficial for ranged-weapon than melee-weapons, since you don't want to be caught in the frenzy, thus defeating the confusion factor.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Freeze is the best Status effect imo, they cannot move and there evasion drops to 0 so you can do your hard to hit attacks.
    Which makes frozen shooter a must have for every ranger...

Paralyze holds them longer tho but there aren't many weapons that have such guaranteed success rate except for the S ranks... and there is no tech/ trap that could inflict it.

Evasion drops to zero? Are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by T0m View Post
    Evasion drops to zero? Are you sure?
    Well maybe not 0 but I notice you hit the enemies way easier...

Blizzards effect chance also takes into account the enemies ice resistance if I recall correctly so its activation is terrible. The only things you should use to inflict freeze are Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen, Rabarta (still not that great), and Freeze Traps.