Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Porkmaster View Post
    I like the Japanese community better because they actually go out and do stuff.

*coughblock20cough*
    As long as you realize that there are plenty of EN players that 'do stuff'. It's just that a good majority of them don't play on Block 20, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    As long as you realize that there are plenty of EN players that 'do stuff'.
    Of course. You're one of 'em.

Japanese content is always going to be ahead, but the international version could pamper their users releasing exclusive content before the Japanese version, just like what they are doing with the Vita version, some content is released first on the Vita and I don't see a lot of people crying about it because it is unfair, it makes Vita players feel cool. If they do this with the NA version, it would make a lot of players comfortable.

I want to use Pokémon games as an example.
    Japanese versions of Pokémon are released first, they make a lot of events, giveaways, pokémons released with events, etc.
    A year later the game gets released internationally on different languages and everyone gets access to the same story, etc.
    The problem comes with JP exclusive content (that has already released), A LOT of events exclusive to JP never come to NA or other regions, NA has to adapt the content to release it during NA exclusive events like Gamestop, Target, etc giveaways, even the European, Latin American communities (among others) are unlucky to get NA exclusive content.

With all this being said, how would NA version handle a NetCafe Shop and points?
    are people in other regions interested in purchasing AC Scratch to get yukata costumes? or would they prefer a more international look?
    I've never seen a game keep up with their JP versions (content wise) but I've seen them succeed merging communities (Pokémon Global Trade, Pokemon Dream World, etc). If SEGA fails merging communities somehow, they are gonna waste a lot of resources, and as far as I know, since it is an online game, language is important to have fun and understand each other's jokes, etc. I would love to see a JP player drop a couple jokes while we play in a party, but guess what, I don't understand Japanese, hahaha.

EDIT: NetCafe Shop is a good example to show how this game is very well designed for the Japanese community (not many players in other countries are used to play in NetCafes), it would be hard to make up for that on the international version (among other JP content)
    Last edited by jerrykun; Feb 13, 2013 at 12:05 AM.

PSO invented neither hack and slash nor dungeon crawlers.

I spent 1500 hours on this character. I ain't makin' a new one.

In my opinion, a full English version is more appealing to invest some bucks for AC.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    And yet you lurk here, where that stuff runs like flowing water out of a faucet. What exactly are you trying to prove by doing things like this, the act of making a post trying to get people to follow your mindset when everyone's entitled to do things their own way?
    Reading is one thing. Experiencing it is another.
    Why you trying to make a fight outta this bro? Was just saying why I was gonna be playing NA or JP, giving my opinion.
    Last edited by Cagedtaytay; Feb 13, 2013 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkmaster View Post
    Yeah, I'm just now getting back into PSO2 regularly. Since all these updates that I've missed, it's been a much better experience.

Workin' through my Matter Boards when servers come back up, so Falz Hunar's comin'.
    Grind them boards, boy~ I've been waiting for too long to have that song from you.

I'm pretty sure that this is SoA, currently:
    Ship 02

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher106 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that this is SoA, currently:
    JONTRON. ASDFGHJKL.
    I love you.